Solar Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solar Power

Don't have a problem with it-16 panels on the roof and they have been on line for just over 2 years, mind you I got a good rate but the price they pay has gone down quite a bit. I am still on the old contract and have been paid over £3000 toward paying for the installation.

Comment

PM sent Yorkie
      sigpicDave

Comment

I had a 4kw system installed in November 2011 so I receive the higher FIT rate, however since then the cost of panels had dropped dramatically (so I am told) and the installation costs have gone down as well. However at the going rate I expect to receive the same number of pound notes back as I paid for the system within seven years. I also have seen the electricity consumption drop by a third since the installation.

We optimise the use of the generated power by running the dishwasher, washing machine and tumbler dryer sequentially during the day.

Since November 2011 we have received 3940 in payments plus the electricity saving.

See the graph showing daily average power consumption for the 12 months before the installation (Last year) and 12 months after the installation (This year)

This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by DerekW View Post
          I had a 4kw system installed in November 2011 so I receive the higher FIT rate, however since then the cost of panels had dropped dramatically (so I am told) and the installation costs have gone down as well. However at the going rate I expect to receive the same number of pound notes back as I paid for the system within seven years. I also have seen the electricity consumption drop by a third since the installation.

We optimise the use of the generated power by running the dishwasher, washing machine and tumbler dryer sequentially during the day.

Since November 2011 we have received 3940 in payments plus the electricity saving.

See the graph showing daily average power consumption for the 12 months before the installation (Last year) and 12 months after the installation (This year)

Thanks for this Derek, encouraging.
          sigpicDave

Comment

We've had our panels just over a year now and in that time we've earned more than 10% of the purchase price back in FIT and Deemed payments, plus we have the "free energy" and a system that uses spare solar to heat the hot water tank. We were also turned down for the free panels (and in hindsight glad we were). We have a 4KW system - 8 panels on the front and 8 on the rear. Last year we generated 123% of our predicted annual output. We haven't regretted the purchase. My only tip would be to make sure all the paperwork gets properly filed, as ours wasn't.
            https://amandat.smugmug.com

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ajthrelfall/

Comment

Working...
            X