Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

How to stop the rain???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to stop the rain???

Right we need a bright spark to come up with a solution to this never ending cycle of rain, it's been so bad that it's even been affecting the board members today, so suggestions please.....

could we all do a reverse Indian rain dance ???

Cheers

Peter
    OMD-EM1 Mk2, 40-150. f2.8Pro, MC-14 converter, 7-14mm 2.8, 17mm 1.8, 45mm 1.8G, OM50mm 1.8, OM 28mm F2.8, OM 200mm F4 Giottos Silk Road YTL8384Tripod Giottos MH5011 head FL36 and other bits and bobs...
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
    www.flickr.com/photos/141996687@N02/

Re: How to stop the rain???

Simple one, Peter

Massive blowups of Sunny scenes, stuck to all the windows, and everyone stays inside
    The picture tells the story, great when you have a bad memory.DW.

Comment

If he was still alive we could appoint Denns Howell as Minister for Floods.
      As that is no longer possible I suggest we all emigrate to the Sahara.
      John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

If we all fart together we could blow the jet stream off course and send the rain to Turkey, Africa, California or Australia where they are desperate for rain.

Unfortunately our collective CO2 and methane emissions would only contribute to further global warming.
        ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

plant water loving plants, and build a few reservoirs that'll make it stop
          My images on flickr

Comment

When you come up with a way of stopping the rain let me know and I'll see if it will stop the snow around here.
            It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Put up an umbrella and stay dry?

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
                If we all fart together we could blow the jet stream off course and send the rain to Turkey, Africa, California or Australia where they are desperate for rain.

Unfortunately our collective CO2 and methane emissions would only contribute to further global warming.
                I'm not sure about your smelly method, but it would be nice to have some, lets make it all of your rain here & spread it over Australia & I think that could work out pretty good!

Ross
                I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Get E-1,E-3,E-5, E-m5 and E-m1 and those weatherseal lenses, go out there and shoot some nice rain soaked pictures.
                  * Henry
                  * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

Although this is grim, I'd rather endure this than the snow we had last year. Roll on the "summer".
                    https://amandat.smugmug.com

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ajthrelfall/

Comment

Hi there everyone!

I think that the answer is obvious - invest heavily in rainwater harvesting systems for your houses so you can reduce your water bill - guaranteed instant drought!

Cheers,

Ralph.

Comment

For some reason, recently several of my retired friends have upped stumps and moved to places like Tenerife and Cyprus.
                        Olympus OM-D E-M5 mk3. Yes I'm ahead of you!
                        My Pics Digikam, Gimp, Kubuntu Inkscape

Comment

Buy a raincoat and wellies. The more expensive the better. That will stop the rain as surely as buying sunglasses in summer sends the sun scuttering behind the clouds.
                          Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

I can't complain I've got blue sky and a clear view of the alps from my office right now. Ner-ner!
                            Live webcam:
                            Olympus OM-D E-M5 mk3. Yes I'm ahead of you!
                            My Pics Digikam, Gimp, Kubuntu Inkscape

Comment

We decide on a time and date and at that time we all go outside, look up, and shout

GO AWAY NASTY RAIN!

Sure to work IMHO.
                              Too many cameras!
                              E-500, E-510, EPM1, EPL5, EP3, EP5, OM-D E M10, OM-D E M5, Trip 35mm, Samsung WP10 and Panasonic G6 plus lots of lenses many manual focus.

Photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/42941818@N07/

Comment

Working...
                              X