Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

I have not seen some members photos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I have not seen some members photos.

Originally posted by Ian View Post
    I and the other mods could start moving image-orientated threads that are not in the 'correct' board to Foto Fare?

The segregation of Foto Fare on the 'home' portal page was because people were concerned that too many posts from that board were drowning out the rest of the forum. We can't have it both ways...

Ian
    I totally agree with you, Ian, that you can't please all of the people all of the time - in fact, you're lucky if you please even some of the people some of the time, as we, Brits, are a nation of moaners!

It is completely subjective - I happen to like the FF section more than any other, mainly, as I have said several times on the forum before, because I am not so interested in technical details nor post processing, choosing instead to use a very quick and simple program - Picasa. However, I do realise that I am probably in the minority and although I don't like the FF section being 'marginalised', I realise that others will be very pleased with this and accept what I imagine would be a majority decision. I think you could equally take other threads out of the main stream, eg for sale/wanted items, as any interested parties would, I am sure, be more than willing to go to a designated area for this.

I do agree that it has been somewhat irritating for those of us who have kept to posting (OM-D E-M1) pix on FF but are seeing similar posts appearing under the camera thread on the main stream but I imagine once the novelty of the camera wears off, this will be rectified.

Regards,
    Ann1e

Comment

I had trouble re-sizing photos to post. Now I have a program to try, hopefully I'll have a few to post soon. I do think the current limit is little better than a thumbnail in terms of showing the quality or otherwise of a photo. I understand the issue of storage but a larger file size limit would make life easier for us newbies.
      Too many cameras!
      E-500, E-510, EPM1, EPL5, EP3, EP5, OM-D E M10, OM-D E M5, Trip 35mm, Samsung WP10 and Panasonic G6 plus lots of lenses many manual focus.

Photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/42941818@N07/

Comment

Originally posted by byegad View Post
        I had trouble re-sizing photos to post. Now I have a program to try, hopefully I'll have a few to post soon. I do think the current limit is little better than a thumbnail in terms of showing the quality or otherwise of a photo. I understand the issue of storage but a larger file size limit would make life easier for us newbies.
        I understand where you are coming from - I have on many occasions thought that I had a quite reasonable image to post and been pretty dismayed to see the reduced IQ when displayed on the forum but it's the same for everybody and if the limit was increased, the overall storage would be immense.

At least everyone is aware of the limitations of file size reduction.

Regards,
        Ann1e

Comment

What is the size limit? My pics are usually 1024 pixels along the longer edge and 200-300Kb. I have no problem with IQ at those sizes...
          Brian

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12569882@N05/

Comment

Split PhotoFair or whatever it is called into different sub sections eg

Interesting things
            Family pics
            Ozzie outings
            Things mechanical
            Look where I have been

etc etc
            This space for rent

Comment

Try 864 pixels wide or 720 pixels high at between 300-400kb. Don't over sharpen.
              John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by DerekW View Post

Interesting things
                Family pics
                Ozzie outings
                Things mechanical
                Look where I have been

etc etc
                I see where you are coming from, Derek, but that would cause endless debate!
                John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Interesting things
                  Family pics
                  Ozzie outings
                  Things mechanical
                  Look where I have been

etc etc

Oooh now theres an idea
                  by Camera and maybe lens ?

BUT

Objects
                  Flowers
                  Animals
                  Birds in Flight
                  Aviation & Locomotives
                  Landscapes

Big Edits on Computer
                  [I].
                  I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
                  Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
                    Oooh now theres an idea
                    by Camera and maybe lens ?

BUT

Objects
                    Flowers
                    Animals
                    Birds in Flight
                    Aviation & Locomotives
                    Landscapes

Big Edits on Computer
                    I have suggested this before. It works well on other forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Ann1e View Post
                      Nah, they'll never be good at rugby but cricket ...! I'm surprised you didn't get an immediate response there from down under but, of course, they're all asleep!

Regards,
                      Ann1e
                      Yeah, right! The cricket seems to be going well for us, but next you poms will be blaming the weather here.
                      Ross
                      I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                      Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                      Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                      Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                      Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
                        Stephen, I have revisited my OM-D EM-1 thread and it is showing more images from the ONE and very definitely "talking about the ONE and comparing earlier Olympus models and IQ to the ONE.

If anyone is thinking about buying the ONE - this is where they shall look and here they shall see lots of images from the ONE.

I would not look in Foto Fair for a ONE image to see the IQ. So I do think it is in the right place - but I am happy to delete it, if it offends anyone where it is.

Infact, it would be nice if images were searchable on here/in the gallery by camera and lens (ass Ian said ? some software permits on images on his computer ? ) as is possible on Flickr

Re posting images - since being identified a prolific poster - I have been deleting many of my images (because that is what upped my post count, not forum message posts)

I am posting 95% less images here - so thats lots more room for others and I shall not have to ask Ian for more space for me/my images
                        Not offended, but a cross link between the sections might be helpful. In other words, you could create a Foto Fare thread that has a selection of photos from the E-M1 threads with all your sample photos with links to all those threads. I just think a better way to not crowd the E-M1 section with lots of photo threads might be to link to most of the photos being shown in Foto Fare & with an E-M1 section thread pointing there perhaps. Again, it's only a suggestion from down under.
                        Ross
                        Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.

Comment

Interesting things
                          Family pics
                          Ozzie outings
                          Things mechanical
                          Look where I have been

etc etc
                          You forgot the Ozzie at home one.
                          Ross

Comment

Originally posted by benvendetta View Post
                            Some members post their images in Photo Fair and then ask for comments and critique. What's that all about??? Surely if you want critique, place your images in Looking for Improvement. Not much stuff is posted in there these days.
                            Dave
                            There is nowhere between FF and LFI.

What about the section where I can post photos that I am happy with but you can openly tell me exactly what you think of them even suggesting to me how they could have been done better.

I fact all my photo can go in LFI from now on.
                            OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
                              Similar to me. In my last 2 years at school, I "forgot" to register for games and instead "borrowed" the key to the school darkroom.
                              You too, eh? I had my own key

Ian
                              Founder and editor of:
                              Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
                              Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
                              Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
                              Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                              Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                              Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
                              NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
                              sigpic

Comment

I think you are referring to 'attachments'; which is deliberately limited in picture size because it is not a good option for posting photos here. If you want to use our server space you can use the gallery and then use the BB Code from there to show your photos on the forum. Otherwise you can use third party web space to store your photos and use the insert image button here on the forum, using the web address of your image. Other photo sharing sites also generate BB Code that can simply be pasted into your forum post.

Ian
                                Founder and editor of:
                                Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
                                Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
                                Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
                                Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                                Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                                Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
                                NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X