No announcement yet.

I have not seen some members photos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I have not seen some members photos.

Originally posted by benvendetta View Post
    Some members post their images in Photo Fair and then ask for comments and critique. What's that all about??? Surely if you want critique, place your images in Looking for Improvement. Not much stuff is posted in there these days.

Sometimes I'd like comments and critique but don't want to waste people's time if they type a really long answer.
    All comment and criticism welcome
    OMD-EM5ii : OLY 12-40mm f2.8 PRO : OLY 45mm f1.8 : OLY 12-50mm : OLY 60mm macro
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/49831405@N06/

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG View Post
      Sometimes I'd like comments and critique but don't want to waste people's time if they type a really long answer.
      People wouldn't be wasting their time. They (usually) post because they have a genuine interest.
      Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
        I have just posted in OM-D EM-1 a "journey of images from OM-D EM-1 - thro' E-5 - thro E-1 - thro E20P

YES your so correct we should post more about our "Journeys with various cameras" because I still lurve my Frog from the E20P today
        Fair enough, and good images they are, but as it's a multi-camera journey is the E-M1 section the most appropriate place to grab someone's attention? Especially if they don't happen to own one of these cameras. Many people are just as happy with their E-330s or E-620s as you are with the E-M1.
        Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
          People wouldn't be wasting their time. They (usually) post because they have a genuine interest.
          Exactly Stephen. I would rather do this in the appropriate forum despite what might be asked for in FF. As a WPF judge I always try and praise good work and, if necessary, suggest inprovements
          Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Fair enough, and good images they are, but as it's a multi-camera journey is the E-M1 section the most appropriate place to grab someone's attention? Especially if they don't happen to own one of these cameras. Many people are just as happy with their E-330s or E-620s as you are with the E-M1.
            Stephen, Thanks I put it in the ONE section as lots of people are looking at various cameras to upgrade to - and comparing to the ONE IQ being the current pinnacle.

I thought this would help the E-330 or E 620 owners (and all those other models listed) in evaluating and deciding if they would do well with an E-1 (which personally, I learned so very much more about photography with and STILL USE because the IQ captured still meets my needs in good light as did the E-5 with its everso handy pop up flash

Personally, I think it just goes to show how SUPERB Olympus images can be, for a small budget invested on a pre-lurved kit.

If you think it should be "elsewhere" prey tell and I could ask the Mods to move it ?
            [I].
            I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
            Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG View Post
              Mark, it is sometimes difficult to get the courage to ask for critique/comments but you could ask for a short critique ?

It does help to improve as there is so much info and tips here from so many great at this Togging and you could ask "be kind"
              [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
                Stephen, Thanks I put it in the ONE section as lots of people are looking at various cameras to upgrade to - and comparing to the ONE IQ being the current pinnacle.

I thought this would help the E-330 or E 620 owners (and all those other models listed) in evaluating and deciding if they would do well with an E-1 (which personally, I learned so very much more about photography with and STILL USE because the IQ captured still meets my needs in good light as did the E-5 with its everso handy pop up flash

Personally, I think it just goes to show how SUPERB Olympus images are can be, for a small budget invested on a pre-lurved kit.

If you think it should be "elsewhere" prey tell and I could ask the Mods to move it ?
                I would have thought, as you original stated it was a celebration of photos you are rightly proud of, Photo Fair may have been more appropriate. And, as you say in your next-to-last sentence, just as much fun can be had from cameras other than the E-M1.

But of course it's your choice.
                Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

Maybe creating the post in the camera specific section (in this case E-M1) with a link to Foto Fair (or Looking for improvement) where the post with the photos are. That way all photos can be easily found for either more casual viewing in Foto Fair or more critical appraisal & comment in Looking for improvement & would satisfy both areas of concern. There, you need a bit of input from an Aussie sometimes! Actually, it's not my idea because Ian (I'll blame him this time, well, credit him ) uses that method with news & new products etc. linking it to where the threads & info etc. are. We sometimes comment in that post but usually then go to that thread to read, see & comment. You see, we can have the best of both worlds!

Ross
                  I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                  Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                  Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                  Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                  Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                  Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Oh dear, a good idea from an Aussie. You'll be learning how to play rugby next!
                    Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

Not from this Aussie. I avoided sport (at school) & went & played my violin instead. Actually, that probably didn't come across as well as I intended, but what the heck, that's what I preferred anyhow.
                      Ross
                      I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                      Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                      Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                      Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                      Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
                        Not from this Aussie. I avoided sport (at school) & went & played my violin instead. Actually, that probably didn't come across as well as I intended, but what the heck, that's what I preferred anyhow.
                        Similar to me. In my last 2 years at school, I "forgot" to register for games and instead "borrowed" the key to the school darkroom.
                        Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

Weird, having played rugby and cricket for the school I lost interest and used to bunk off and help out in the art department.
                          It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

I and the other mods could start moving image-orientated threads that are not in the 'correct' board to Foto Fare?

The segregation of Foto Fare on the 'home' portal page was because people were concerned that too many posts from that board were drowning out the rest of the forum. We can't have it both ways...

Ian
                            Founder and editor of:
                            Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
                            Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
                            Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
                            Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                            Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                            Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
                            NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
                            sigpic

Comment

Nah, they'll never be good at rugby but cricket ...! I'm surprised you didn't get an immediate response there from down under but, of course, they're all asleep!

Regards,
                              Ann1e

Comment

I would have thought, as you original stated it was a celebration of photos you are rightly proud of, Photo Fair may have been more appropriate. And, as you say in your next-to-last sentence, just as much fun can be had from cameras other than the E-M1.

But of course it's your choice.

Stephen, I have revisited my OM-D EM-1 thread and it is showing more images from the ONE and very definitely "talking about the ONE and comparing earlier Olympus models and IQ to the ONE.

If anyone is thinking about buying the ONE - this is where they shall look and here they shall see lots of images from the ONE.

I would not look in Foto Fair for a ONE image to see the IQ. So I do think it is in the right place - but I am happy to delete it, if it offends anyone where it is.

Infact, it would be nice if images were searchable on here/in the gallery by camera and lens (ass Ian said ? some software permits on images on his computer ? ) as is possible on Flickr

Re posting images - since being identified a prolific poster - I have been deleting many of my images (because that is what upped my post count, not forum message posts)

I am posting 95% less images here - so thats lots more room for others and I shall not have to ask Ian for more space for me/my images
                                [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Working...
                                X