X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New OM- D E M1

Just seen this on FB.

http://cameras.olympus.com/en-gb/omd

A bit disappointed as it doesn't seem to have a swivelling screen as the E 5.
    sigpicDave

Re: New OM- D E M1

I know what you mean Dave. Not a deal breaker for me but one of the few initial disappointments. Can get round it using a smartphone and the WiFi of course but whilst that's OK at times it's not as easy.

Outside of that it looks very, very promising indeed.

Anybody understand the ISO Low bit. Native ISO 200 is a drag if you like to "go slow". Can you go true ISO 100? I like slow exposures so losing a stop means more use of ND filters which is not ideal.

Hec
    I've worked hard to be this grumpy. It hasn't been easy at times but it's worth it.

Comment

Must say after reading quite a bit about this beast, couldn't find anything about the iso range. It used to be that things like that were listed, but not any more, companies have to try to be clever, makes it difficult to get info.
      sigpicDave

Comment

Originally posted by sapper View Post
        Must say after reading quite a bit about this beast, couldn't find anything about the iso range. It used to be that things like that were listed, but not any more, companies have to try to be clever, makes it difficult to get info.
        200-25600, with a LOW setting of ISO100, I think that's a tweaked ISO 200. Looks like one stop better than E-M5.

Comment

Originally posted by pvasc View Post
          200-25600, with a LOW setting of ISO100, I think that's a tweaked ISO 200. Looks like one stop better than E-M5.
          Thanks, where did you get this info, I have searched high and low but cannot find it.
          sigpicDave

Comment

Try this http://cameras.olympus.com/en-gb/omd
            David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

or this http://www.olympus.co.uk/site/en/c/c...fications.html
              David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

Also in the Specifications section of this review.

Ron

Comment

Thanks guys.
                  sigpicDave

Comment

Thanks guys I honestly don't remember where I saw it, I think it was on the Oly site. Or in one of the reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by sapper View Post
                      Just seen this on FB.

A bit disappointed as it doesn't seem to have a swivelling screen as the E 5.
                      Do you mean if it tilts up and down? If you look at Robin Wong's review, it looks like it does.

Comment

Thanks Guys. The Olympus info just says "Low approx 100".

A bit vague to see the least.

Still, it is not a deal breaker so I won't get too hung up about it as the list of pro's far exceeds, by the proverbial country mile, the con's as far as the spec is concerned.

The smartphone app is even available for a proper OS ( Android ) as well as iOS so that's good for those of us who like to use cable release type gizmo's.

Can't wait to try one out.

Wonder how long we will have to wait to process the .orf files in Adobe Raw?

Hec
                        I've worked hard to be this grumpy. It hasn't been easy at times but it's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Hec View Post
                          Thanks Guys. The Olympus info just says "Low approx 100".

A bit vague to see the least.

Hec
                          Assuming it's like the E-M1 and the P5, the native ISO of the lens is 200. They then use electronic trickery to bring it down (hence approx 100). Basically, the best image quality is reached at 200 and LOW should only be used for a particular shutter speed/aperture combo.

Comment

Originally posted by josephlck View Post
                            Do you mean if it tilts up and down? If you look at Robin Wong's review, it looks like it does.
                            No, I mean it doesn't swivel like the one on the E5 which opens out and can be swivelled to any angle.
                            sigpicDave

Comment

You are likely to get a swivelly LCD if Panasonic buy into the new sensor (like they did on GH3) for another flagship model.

Comment

Working...
                              X