What's upset you recently ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's upset you recently ?

Heard on the news about Millions being spent on cycle lanes etc..

I recently walked along a canal towpath in East London, with a group of photographers, and we were continually being subjected to "DING DING" or "'scuse-me" without hardly ever a please or thank you from these arrogant, ignorant *****.

The joggers are not much better, with their attitude of it being their God given right to have you get out of their way.

We are encouraged to have 3rd party insurance, in case someone trips over our tripods or kit bags, but all this money is being spent for "Cyclists", without any requirement for them to have insurance.
    Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Re: What's upset you recently ?

Related to this is one of my pet hates, the way cyclists in London and other places seem to think they are not required to stop at traffic light or zebra crossings etc.
    As you know I am often on walk about and have many a time had cars stop for me only to be nearly run down by cyclists going down the outside of the car

I've become very practiced at shouting abuse at them.

I know it is not all cyclists but it does get to me.
    All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Comment

Graham
      Just to upset you some more I dont think the amount is anywhere near what it should be.

Why is major road projects still do not include decent cycle lanes. Cycle lanes in this country are a mostly a joke.

I am upset about the same thing but for the opposite reason to you.
      OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Originally posted by andym View Post
        Related to this is one of my pet hates, the way cyclists in London and other places seem to think they are not required to stop at traffic light or zebra crossings etc.
        As you know I am often on walk about and have many a time had cars stop for me only to be nearly run down by cyclists going down the outside of the car

I've become very practiced at shouting abuse at them.

I know it is not all cyclists but it does get to me.
        This bugs the hell out me too these people should be prosecuted.
        OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

Comment

Being a cyclist, walker, photographer and road user, I despair of other peoples behaviour.

As a cyclist I hate motorists who cut under my right elbow

As a walker, I hate FAMILY cyclists and couriers who have No idea what the Highway Code means

As a Photographer I hate people who walk in front of you when you have just got everything set up to take the shot

As a road user, especially on the M25 at the weekend, I despair of Ford Ka's [ other makes are available ] in the outside lane, engines screaming

Other than that, can't think of a single thing to spoil my sunny disposition
          The picture tells the story, great when you have a bad memory.DW.

Comment

Originally posted by Imageryone View Post
            As a walker, I hate FAMILY cyclists and couriers who have No idea what the Highway Code means
            That would be the Myway code.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
              Heard on the news about Millions being spent on cycle lanes etc..

I recently walked along a canal towpath in East London, with a group of photographers, and we were continually being subjected to "DING DING" or "'scuse-me" without hardly ever a please or thank you from these arrogant, ignorant *****.

The joggers are not much better, with their attitude of it being their God given right to have you get out of their way.

We are encouraged to have 3rd party insurance, in case someone trips over our tripods or kit bags, but all this money is being spent for "Cyclists", without any requirement for them to have insurance.
              I had a similar experience recently on the canal near St Pancrass, utterly tiresome and it spoilt an otherwise nice walk. I know that cyclists need to be catered for but walkers seem to have been marginalized in their favour. They could at least slow down, rather than blast past at full speed a split second after dinging their irritating bells!
              John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Trouble is there are a lot of donkeyholes in the world, and some of them ride bicycles. What's worse is that many of them vote, and worse still is that they are allowed to breed.

John

Comment

Alf said
                  "Why is major road projects still do not include decent cycle lanes. "

However we do not have any major road projects, never had any. If we did have some unemployment would go down dramatically. All the major roads have been built in relatively small segments since the 60s.
                  This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by DerekW View Post
                    Alf said
                    "Why is major road projects still do not include decent cycle lanes. "

However we do not have any major road projects, never had any. If we did have some unemployment would go down dramatically. All the major roads have been built in relatively small segments since the 60s.
                    Down our way, "major road project" means filling potholes in, one at a time!
                    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Cycle lanes in my area of Scotland are nonexistent. My wife works in social work and the good people at the Kremlin( North Lanarkshire headquarters) are actively trying to push cycling to work.My wife is a real keen cyclist and would love to cycle the 10miles to work each day,problem is they don't have a provision to park and lock your bike,never mind even a basic shower.The council must presume you don't sweat As she is meeting the lively people of the area she doesn't want to b stinking of sweat all day

Comment

Originally posted by alfbranch View Post
                        Cycle lanes in this country are a mostly a joke.
                        Yes, often they just paint a white line 18 inches from the kerb and proudly call it a cycle lane! You wouldn't catch me on a cycle nowadays with all the 'cyclist crushers' (aka HGVs) around!

Jim

Comment

I have nothing against cycling and cyclists per se.
                          However, they seem to be the latest group who believe they have God (or whatever) given "human rights" to do whatever they please without taking any form of responsibility for their actions and effect on others. The recent resurgence of cycling due to the Olympics etc. and the perception that it is a "green" form of transport has made them worse.

If they wish to share our already inadequate roads with other forms of transport I think they should be subject to the same requirements for "driving tests" and insurance. I think they should also be required to pay a "road fund licence" to help pay for the roads to be adapted to meet their needs rather than the Government spending Tax Payers money.

Rant over.
                          Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
                          OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
                          Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

I just love all the comments here it brings a wide smile to my face....I too along with MOH were subjected to abuse from a cyclist whilst we were walking the family hound, on a footpath BTW not a cyclepath..he stopped just short of colliding with us and then swore at us and said we need to get some HiVis clothing...what did I saw in reply, cannot be repeated on here !!

As for the cyclists in London, I believe there are now police on bikes who specifically wait for cyclists who jump the lights and fine them on the spot, watched a programme on auntie beeb a few weeks ago. Was all about transport London I think...worth watching if you have the BBC IPlayer..

Cheers

Peter
                            OMD-EM1 Mk2, 40-150. f2.8Pro, MC-14 converter, 7-14mm 2.8, 17mm 1.8, 45mm 1.8G, OM50mm 1.8, OM 28mm F2.8, OM 200mm F4 Giottos Silk Road YTL8384Tripod Giottos MH5011 head FL36 and other bits and bobs...
                            I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
                            www.flickr.com/photos/141996687@N02/

Comment

Thought this fits in with this thread nicely

Regards
                              Michael

OM-D E-M5 mk2, m12-40mm f2.8, m25mm f1.8, m45mm f1.8, m60mm f2.8 Macro, M14‑150mm 1:4-5.6 II, M75-300mm MK2, Samyang 7.5mm f/3.5 fisheye

Comment

Working...
                              X