Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Shutter Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shutter Count

Do you worry about the number of shutter actuations on your camera? I keep seeing second had bodies advertised with shutter counts in the low hundreds, more so on Leica than Oly admittedly.

I don't think I will mention it when I sell my OM-D, or pass it down the family more likely. Just over 3000 last week and nearly 2000 this week already.

I must stop playing with these stop motion videos.

Re: Shutter Count

It is a very useful guide when buying as all models have a finite number of actuations. My E3 died at 58,000 plus a few, which is not bad as Oly quoted 25,000 when I bought it
    The picture tells the story, great when you have a bad memory.DW.

Comment

There was an easy way to check shutter actuation's with my full frame but heard of a simple process to check it on the OMD, anyone care to share the secret?
      Ian from the Cotswolds
      http://571photography.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Iansky View Post
        There was an easy way to check shutter actuation's with my full frame but heard of a simple process to check it on the OMD, anyone care to share the secret?

From DPReview forum - let us know if works.

For those who want to check their OM-D E-M5 shutter count, just go with these steps:

► Camera OFF
        ► Hold down MENU button and turn ON the camera
        ► Release MENU button and press MENU again to get to Menus
        ► Go to LCD Brightness Menu, that's in Spanner Menu and third item down.
        ► Press RIGHT to show screen adjusters
        ► Press INFO and then press OK and on my E-M5 this shows on screen....
        OLYMPUS E-M5 0A 01 01 01
        ► Press in sequence UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT/SHUTTER/UP and Page 1 info appears

► Variously press RIGHT for Page 2, DOWN for Page 3, LEFT for Page 4 and UP again to get Page 1

What we are looking for is the information on Page 2, on my E-M5 it shows.....
        R 000091 [total shutter actuation count]
        S 000011 [shot count with flash]
        C 000000
        U 000018 [turn on count which is ultrasonic wave cleaner count]
        V 000000

B 000101 [seems to be total number of times shutter button is fully pressed for any reason]
        L 000000

On Page 4 is D: damage code log, mine shows blank and that is good.

These are the same steps you can use to check shutter count from all Olympus PEN series and DSLR E-5

Comment

You can also find this procedure and the procedure for all Olympus E Series and m4/3 cameras here. http://www.biofos.com/cornucop/hidden.html

Regards.
          Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
          OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
          Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Thanks Mike & Peter for the info.
            Ian from the Cotswolds

Comment

I worry about the number on my E-3. As I bought it on release and have used it a lot, I darent check the number of acctuations
              Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Both mine are under 3000. They've been set to single shot since I unpacked them and I still shoot as if I'm using Kodachrome or Velvis but no longer need to make in camera dupes.
                It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Thanks for this. Wow, my EM5 shows 17040. Considering I mainly use it for single shot stuff with the Canon7D for multiple bird shots, this a a lot of finger twitching!

David
                  PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Comment

I do worry, because I can not afford a new body right away. And should my E-30 fail I would have to fall back on my E-520, which is already a bit worn and does lack some of the features I really need ...

I just checked the count on both bodies and post them here so you guys with counts in the low hundreds could ease up a bit:

E-30, 47648
                    E-520, 30420

Falk
                    I am not afraid of Tits

Comment

I'd hate to do my E600..............but why have the camera if your not going to use it, the E650, OMD-5 and canon 7D would not be as bad, I hope.
                      Roberta
                      E620, E30, OM4-Ti OM-D1... Canon 7D and 5Dmiii
                      lenses 14-42mm, 40-150mm, 50mm, 18-180mm, 70-300mm, ec-14 still looking for a Bigma (Canon 17-55mm, 70-300mm and 100-400L)
                      FL 50R and Hahnel remote (Canon and Olympus)

Comment

Just checked mine finally, got the camera in April and now done 1767 shutter actuation's and no fault codes so happy with that!

Thank you all for the info
                        Ian from the Cotswolds

Comment

worked on the 600 and was 13160 but not the 620, did not reg that the door was open.
                          Roberta
                          Roberta
                          E620, E30, OM4-Ti OM-D1... Canon 7D and 5Dmiii
                          lenses 14-42mm, 40-150mm, 50mm, 18-180mm, 70-300mm, ec-14 still looking for a Bigma (Canon 17-55mm, 70-300mm and 100-400L)
                          FL 50R and Hahnel remote (Canon and Olympus)

Comment

Originally posted by Imageryone View Post
                            It is a very useful guide when buying as all models have a finite number of actuations. My E3 died at 58,000 plus a few, which is not bad as Oly quoted 25,000 when I bought it
                            You sure about that 25,000 figure on the E-3, the E-1 was quoted at 150,000 and the E-30 at 100,000!
                            Regards Paul.
                            One day I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/

Comment

I checked mine as well....13,342 No wonder my PC packed up! So that's at least 1000 a month since I bought it. I don't get out that much!

Comment

Working...
                              X