Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

What Music you listening to right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Music you listening to right now?

Hi all,

Stolen from another forum but... What tunes you listening to at the moment?

I got a bit of Kid Rock on at the moment, not normally my type of music but strangely enjoying it, well the no rap stuff anyways..

Cheers
    G

Re: What Music you listening too right now?

Not too ashamed to admit this but I was into the rave scene of the late 80's, early 90's.

I recently downloaded an "old skool" compilation from the internet and have been reliving my youth by playing it in the car.

You know your getting on a bit when your kids tell you that your music is crap !

I think my midlife crisis may have come 15 years early !

Comment

Radio Gnome Invisible by Gong.Back to my hippy days.
      All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Comment

Got some No doubt going at the mo..

Comment

AC/DC Live [Collector's Edition]

Still listening to the same stuff I've always liked.
          Dont think anyone comes near to the "old uns"

Regards

Gavin

Comment

Originally posted by andym View Post
            Radio Invisible by Gong.Back to my hippy days.
            Surely you mean Invisiblu-hah, Ah, did I ever glid before, no I never, ever, glid before.

Me - the LSO Live performance of Tippetts "A Child of Our Time".

Well off to find

An Angels Egg for Breakfast in the Morning

Nick
            Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
            www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Temple-Fry View Post
              Surely you mean Invisiblu-hah, Ah, did I ever glid before, no I never, ever, glid before.

Me - the LSO Live performance of Tippetts "A Child of Our Time".

Well off to find

An Angels Egg for Breakfast in the Morning

Nick
              Eat the phone book

Not another old hippy

I still have a copy of Camenbert Electric(sorry you know i cant spell)brought for 59p in 1976.
              All the best

Andy

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by gno View Post
                AC/DC Live [Collector's Edition]

Still listening to the same stuff I've always liked.
                Dont think anyone comes near to the "old uns"

Regards

Gavin
                LEGEND...

Real Music, Phil Rudd uses the best drums in the world, Sonor.

Quality band, I would pay a lot of money to see AC/DC

Anyone into Wishbone Ash?

Comment

Had my mind blown by Karl Hienz Stockhousen on the proms this evening.
                  All the best

Andy

My Flickr

Comment

The last music I listened to was a Radio 4 documentary yesterday about the Elton John concert at Madison Square Garden on 28th November 1974 which turned out to be a little bit special. God, how I wish I'd been at that concert. Elton was at the height of his popularity and by all accounts The Garden really rocked that night.

Apparently the floor at The Garden is mounted on special shock absorbers to take account of a 20,000 audience in full flow and it really could be felt moving that night. Mind you, I had a similar experience at the Southend Kursaal around that time when Status Quo played there to a somewhat smaller but equally enthusiastic audience. The floor really shook that night and the management had to appeal to us to calm down as there was some concern that the floor might collapse.....but I digress.

What really made that Elton concert so special was a suprise mystery guest appearance. That guest had earlier that year recorded a single on which Elton played the piano. At the studio Elton tipped that song to reach number one in the American charts. The artist was highly sceptical and Elton persuaded him to agree to a bet that if it did reach number one he would appear live on stage with Elton at one of his concerts.

"Whatever Gets You Thru The Night" did indeed top the charts and thus it was that on Thanksgiving Day 1974 John Lennon agreed at the very last minute to join Elton on stage at The Garden for three songs in what sadly turned out to be his last live performance.

By any standards that was indeed a very, very, special concert!
                    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

I'd love to see Status Quo, think they'd be awesome live

digging kid rock at the mo, very surprised with his music, very bluesy/country funky tunage

Comment

Originally posted by Garrie View Post
                        LEGEND...

Real Music, Phil Rudd uses the best drums in the world, Sonor.

Quality band, I would pay a lot of money to see AC/DC

Anyone into Wishbone Ash?
                        Saw them live at the Kursaal too. "Argus" - what a brilliant album, which never received quite the recognition it deserved. Haven't played it lately.....must put that right ASAP!
                        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by andym View Post
                          Eat the phone book

Not another old hippy

I still have a copy of Camenbert Electric(sorry you know i cant spell)brought for 59p in 1976.

And no, they weren't stored alphabetically in the racks.

(Yes - I know Angels Egg cover was regarded as so rude it had to have a sticky label over the 'naughty bit')

Nick
                          Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
                          www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                            Saw them live at the Kursaal too. "Argus" - what a brilliant album, which never received quite the recognition it deserved. Haven't played it lately.....must put that right ASAP!
                            Seen Andy P's Wishbone Ash atleast 4 times, first gig I took Susan too was Wishbone ash (with Ben Grafelt) at the renfrew ferry about 4 years ago, it was the best gig of my life, I'll never forget it, sounds silly but something magical happened that night..

Comment

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=z9ldlqr8ZQE[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                              X