Message from my hospital bed. WEE MAN Thanks John

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message from my hospital bed. WEE MAN Thanks John

Earlier I contacted John as I at that time was not sure if I would still be posting. Last Saturday in in early hours I started to bleed very heavily from the back of my nose / throat. Did the usual pinch nose routine all that did was to cause the blood to choke me. After an hour and a lot of blood the Ambulance crew who were called blue and two' d me to hospital they packed my nose and things calmed down. After twenty mins the dam as it were broke covering bed , PJ' s and me in blood. As they repacked I dropped out in a big way. Came back half an hour later in resus with tubes, drips, blood bottles connected. And a lot of medical staff.
    Rapid blue light journey to hospital with special ENT unit. They stabilised me but I was still bleeding, this continued until late Wednesday evening.
    In between I collapsed twice and needed team again to get me back and stable. I have also had cardiac problems with my heartbeat. After an MRI scan of head it was decided to unpack my nose on Thursday. No bleeding since, not allowed off bed etc for at least 48 hours. Antibiotics are working on infection cause unknown this may have caused bleeding. If all goes well I may get home mid week shaken and very stirred.
    I am attaching a phone shot taken on Thursday as I ' recovered ' and stopped bleeding this is a shot with a tidy T shirt!! Could / would not post others
    I would like to express heart felt wishes to all my 4/3 & m4/3 friends on this family forum who passed on good wishes, my visitors opened the thread for me at visiting times , I hope to meet up with you all some day
    Will post again if when I get home.

Just found I do not know how to attach photo from my phone maybe just as well?
    Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Re: Message from my hospital bed. WEE MAN Thanks John

Don't worry about the picture for now just take it easy and recover quickly. You did brilliantly to even think about posting from your hospital bed.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

What a traumatic experience Ed. I can well understand how shaken you are right now and amazed that you remain so coherent. If it were me I've no doubt I would be reduced to a complete nervous wreck.

Get well soon mate, looking forward to more of your picture posts, and blessings from Oz.
      My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
      The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
      On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

Pleased to hear you're on the mend Ed.
        Best Regards
        Bill

The nearest I have to a home page.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
        They're Watching You!

Comment

Great to hear from you Ed and very relieved to know you are on the mend.

You've certainly had a scary time, just concentrate on getting fully fit so we can all get back to enjoying your photos.

Regards and best wishes.
          Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
          OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
          Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

What a relief to hear from you! You had me worried, Big Man!
            Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Hope you get home soon!
              GX7, EP3, 9-18, 14-45, 45-150, 20 1.7, 25 1.4, 45 1.8, FL36 & various OM glass. flickr

Comment

Good news about your recovery.
                Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                Learn something new every day

Comment

Aye was all worried wee man. Here is to a rapid recovery *
                  My Flickr Home Page

Comment

I am out of words right now, after reading about your trouble Ed. Who would have thought such things can happen at all?! Unbeliveable! Get well soon and keep the blood pressure low = no alc, coffee, tabak, girls, no weight lifting (heavy lenses + pro bodies) and better spare the news (paper/TV) as well ...

Falk
                    I am not afraid of Tits

Comment

ya poor wee man as ma Ma would say. Do as your told, and relax and the trying to post from your phone will give you soemthing to think about.
                      Anyway rapid recovery.
                      Roberta
                      Roberta
                      E620, E30, OM4-Ti OM-D1... Canon 7D and 5Dmiii
                      lenses 14-42mm, 40-150mm, 50mm, 18-180mm, 70-300mm, ec-14 still looking for a Bigma (Canon 17-55mm, 70-300mm and 100-400L)
                      FL 50R and Hahnel remote (Canon and Olympus)

Comment

Blimey Ed, that sounds a very alarming experience. I'm delighted to hear that you're on the mend now.
                        No nose blowing for the next month at least!
                        David

Comment

That sounds dreadful Ed. I am so pleased that you are on the mend now. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Ron

Comment

yikes, that sounds scary.

Sounds like the corner is turned though, carry on with the recovery!
                            hearts at peace under an English heaven

Comment

Ed,

So good to hear you are on the mend, don't worry about the photo ( I'd probably pass out looking at it ) just concentrate on getting well enough to go home and recuperate.

Best wishes, Simon
                              “Sharpness is a bourgeois concept”
                              ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
                              X