Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

LTL Acorn trail-cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTL Acorn trail-cam

Anyone used one of these? Must say I am seriously tempted.

Link is from a FB contact, Bob Canis, Kent wildlife photographer. If you get a chance to hear him speak, take it, a very entusiastic wildlife photographer.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
    sigpicDave

Re: LTL Acorn trail-cam

New piece of kit to me, but the results speak for themselves.
    The picture tells the story, great when you have a bad memory.DW.

Comment

Originally posted by sapper View Post
      Anyone used one of these? Must say I am seriously tempted.

Link is from a FB contact, Bob Canis, Kent wildlife photographer. If you get a chance to hear him speak, take it, a very entusiastic wildlife photographer.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
      Hi Dave.
      I'm not familiar with the particular model refered to but we stock a couple of similar models from the Hawke ProStalk range at the Wildlife Trust at Abberton.

See here. http://www.deben.com/hawke-field-cameras.html

We've not sold many and feedback from customers has been that it takes quite a while to get them set up. You also need to consider that these have to be left unattended for long periods and unless in a secure location are easily stolen.

If you are interested I'd be happy to show you them at Abberton if you'd like to call in some time. I'm "on duty" there on the first and third Saturdays each month and usually around for part of the day on Tuesday/Wednesday most weeks.

Regards.
      Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
      OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
      Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Thank Peter.
        I may just pop in for a demo one day. Will PM you first.
        sigpicDave

Comment

I have had a Bushnell Trail cam set up in my garden for nearly 3 years now.

I bought it because I had a Waxwing on my garden bird bath in June. By the time I had a camera in hand he was gone. As I understand it they are rare at that time of year having normally pushed off back to Scandinavia by then.

The only difficulty in setting up the Bushnell is navigating the dreadful menu system, but I have experience in that (don't we all!).

It produces rather technically poor pictures of garden visitors. So far it has been very effective in keeping rare creatures away. Always fun though to look and see what visitors we have had.

In summer there is a strange scruffy old bloke who mows the lawn. Don't let them tell you cameras can't lie.

OK in the garden, but I would not feel very comfortable about setting it up in the woods, too easy to steal....
          Peter J

OM-D E-M1 OMD-E-M5ii Various Olympus lenses

Comment

Thanks Peter J.
            I had thought of getting one for the garden, like you, not sure about leaving one in a public area.
            sigpicDave

Comment

Working...
            X