Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

EP3 Hotshoe Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP3 Hotshoe Cover

I've just received my black EP3 and it's missing the hotshoe cover... anyone know where I can get one or have a spare one knocking around that they want to sell?

I've tried the usual suspects like Luton Camera but they're out of stock on black...
    GX7, EP3, 9-18, 14-45, 45-150, 20 1.7, 25 1.4, 45 1.8, FL36 & various OM glass. flickr

Re: EP3 Hotshoe Cover

Why do you want it?

They are designed to get lost and it's questionable whether they serve any utilitarian purpose. One of the first things I did with both my Oly cameras was to store the cover and other fiddly bits in the box so that when I sold (sell) the camera it can be advertised 'complete with box and hot shoe cover'

Comment

Mainly for keeping dust etc out from the accessory port... I guess I feel a bit exposed without the port being covered!
      GX7, EP3, 9-18, 14-45, 45-150, 20 1.7, 25 1.4, 45 1.8, FL36 & various OM glass. flickr

Comment

I can see the point about the accessory port, in my opinion the hot shoe is not so important. If I remember correctly on the EP3 the cover for both of these is all-in-one, so I can see why you need it.
        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
          If I remember correctly on the EP3 the cover for both of these is all-in-one, so I can see why you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnheatingman

Comment

link click on "Spare Parts" on left-hand menu, scroll almost to bottom of page then click on "Accessories" link, click on "External Caps and Covers," you'll find what you want at bottom of page. Not the easiest site to navigate, but worth it!
              John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Sorry Tim, I missed your reference to Luton Cameras in your opening post!

Oh well, the thought was there.
                John

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                  Sorry Tim, I missed your reference to Luton Cameras in your opening post!

Oh well, the thought was there.
                  Thanks for looking John!

I find it strange that they're so hard to find at a reasonable price... they're listed on the US Olympus site for $5 which is near enough to Luton's price, I've just emailed Oly UK to see what they say.

Comment

Amazon have a JJC replacement cover listed:

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/JJC-Replacement-Cover-Olympus-E-PL1/dp/B003OSRVAM/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_1"]JJC Replacement Hot Shoe Cover for Olympus Pen E-PL1: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/319wMIqfVVL.@@AMEPARAM@@319wMIqfVVL[/ame]

It does net mention EP3, only others with an accessory port - I expect it would fit as the same accessories fit all of them.
                    Peter J

OM-D E-M1 OMD-E-M5ii Various Olympus lenses

Comment

Originally posted by Pjphoto59 View Post
                      Amazon have a JJC replacement cover listed:

It does net mention EP3, only others with an accessory port - I expect it would fit as the same accessories fit all of them.
                      Thanks for the link Peter, unfortunately that one is missing the cover for the accessory port

Comment

How about this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Olympus-Pe...item3f22fab530
                        Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

The item picture above covers both the flash contacts and the accessory port. It looks a bit strange on an E-M5 but is more quickly removable than the separate flash cover and u-shaped accessory port cover. I tested the one from my XZ-1 (or my E-PM1, can't remember which) but decided that I didn't use the accessory port that often. I have a feeling (but no time to check now) that Luton Cameras do sell the u-shaped cover (which is what I think timg is looking for).
                          Actually, Luton Cameras list two different accessory port covers for different Pen cameras -- I have both and I think they are subtly different in shape (I wasn't sure which would fit my E-M5 best but used neither in the end).
                          Finally, I do not wish to discuss pricing, but it costs money to stock individual parts that are rarely ordered so that's got to be reflected in the price (even for a tiny part that costs very little to make).
                          (I do not work for Luton Cameras, but I am very pleased that they exist and that this Forum reminded me of the fact).

Comment

Apologies: I should have read the title of the thread before replying about covers for an E-M5.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnheatingman
                              Great minds think alike Stephen Thats the same one I posted earlier in the thread. It's the right item but apparently a bit too pricey.

John
                              Didn't realise it was the same one! Bit of a price premium over Luton, but then Luton don't 'ave none!
                              Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Working...
                              X