Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Anyone got a Kia Sportage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a Kia Sportage?

In 3 months I will be changing my car. It will probably be the last car change I can afford, being newly-retired. I once had an old-model Sportage, and enjoyed it, so have been looking at the latest model to replace my Honda CRV. I need a car I can get into and out of easily, so low cars are a no-no. The Sportage seems well equipped and good to drive, and good value with a 7 year warranty. I will probably get the 2 wheel drive model, and fit it with winter tyres when appropriate.

Anyone got one of these and can offer an opinion?
    Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Re: Anyone got a Kia Sportage?

I can't speak for the Sportage but we have a Sedona and that seems well put together. We needed the 7 seats for carting children and grandparents around and the overall space for family holidays. The 7 year warranty means that even though we got ours a few years old it still has that peace of mind as the warranty is transferable when sold second hand through the Kia dealerships.
    Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
    Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
    Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
    Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
    Learn something new every day

Comment

Not got a Sportage but have a Mitsubishi Outlander (2010).

It went in for a service and they let me have the brand new 2013 Outlander as a courtesy car. I was very impressed, a lot quieter and more refined than my model and felt zippier too as it is lighter than the old one.

All models have a the same engine and are 4wd, despite teh power and 4wd they have best in class economy (53 mpg I think) if you are considering a Sportage i would take a look. No 7 year warranty though.
      hearts at peace under an English heaven

Comment

Strange, Mitsubishi have a 10 year warranty in Canada.

There's lots of Kia on the roads in Canada these days so they must be able to survive Canadian winters. I know a couple of people with Sportage and they like them.
        It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

I did look at the Outlander, and the offer they have on 2012 models, but the TCO, especially insurance, is much greater than the Sportage. But I may well let my heart rule my head and go for the 4wd version!
          Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

or Stephen, a .... drum roll ... SCOOBY as Pete the Snaar
            [I].
            I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
            Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

You will really need a 4WD vehicle if you drive into to town to visit Harrods , the kerbs are so high.
              This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by DerekW View Post
                You will really need a 4WD vehicle if you drive into to town to visit Harrods , the kerbs are so high.
                [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Originally posted by DerekW View Post
                  Or to escape the scallys in Watford!
                  Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
                    or Stephen, a .... drum roll ... SCOOBY as Pete the Snaar
                    Thought about the Scooby, but the only model which suits is the XV. The others are so low I would have difficulty getting into them, and to get out, I would have to roll out onto the ground and crawl along on hands and knees till I found something to lever myself standing! I know - I've tried
                    Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

My father's the same as you Stephen and needs a higher vehicle to get in and out. He's had a succession of the small Mitsubishi people carriers after having the larger PC, I think the larger one was the Space Wagon, can't remember the model name for the smaller one.

I know next time my parents are over I'm going to have to hire/borrow a vehicle as he'll never get in and out of my Sunflower.
                      It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Ordered! I've placed an order for delivery last week in May for a Sportage KX3 Satnav AWD in Gunmetal Grey.

After shopping round a few dealers, who really got my goat by only letting me deal with their "salesman" (AKA Small Boy) who had to keep running to their manager, I found a family-owned dealership and dealt direct with the owner. Got an excellent trade-in on my car, some 3K above what anyone else was offering (after a bit of gentle barter, of course!).

We go away the week after we take delivery, for a few days at Ironbridge and round the Shropshire area, so should be good for running-in (do you still have to have a sticker in the back saying "Running In Please Pass?).
                        Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
                          Ordered! I've placed an order for delivery last week in May for a Sportage KX3 Satnav AWD in Gunmetal Grey.

After shopping round a few dealers, who really got my goat by only letting me deal with their "salesman" (AKA Small Boy) who had to keep running to their manager, I found a family-owned dealership and dealt direct with the owner. Got an excellent trade-in on my car, some 3K above what anyone else was offering (after a bit of gentle barter, of course!).

We go away the week after we take delivery, for a few days at Ironbridge and round the Shropshire area, so should be good for running-in (do you still have to have a sticker in the back saying "Running In Please Pass?).

I don't think modern day vee-hicles are "run in" as they were in olden days ... its all a tight fit now with different materials and Lube

But looking forward to some photos of this snazzy motor
                          [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Keep the revs down for the first 2k miles to "run-in". With 5 and 6 speed gearboxes you can still cruise at 70 on the motorways without high revs.
                            Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                            Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                            Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                            Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                            Learn something new every day

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
                              I don't think modern day vee-hicles are "run in" as they were in olden days ... its all a tight fit now with different materials and Lube

But looking forward to some photos of this snazzy motor
                              To a degree I suspect you're right Chevvy although mating parts still need to bed in.
                              My better half's new Audi manual recommends 2/3rds of the rev range up to 600 miles with gentle throttle opening, 600 -1000 miles maximum rpm can be used on occasion but not excessively.
                              Better safe than sorry

Congrats on the new vehicle Stephen
                              Regards Huw

Olympus equipment
                              Capture One Pro
                              My flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X