External hard drive for Mac help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External hard drive for Mac help

Just got a Buffalo 1 TB HD for my Mac but cannot see it on the system.

Have done as instructed, IE, plugged it in to mains and Mac.
    I am to format it but when I go to disk utility there does not seem to be an option for that. There is an option to 'verify' which I did but the disk does not appear in applications or on the desktop.
    I have two other disks connected to the Mac, OS 10.7.5
    Can anyone help me please?
    sigpicDave

Re: External hard drive for Mac help

When you open disk utility there is a bar in the window with tabs that say "First Aid" "Erase" "RAID" "Restore" click erase, that is where you format, there is a drop down menue asking which way you want it formated, there are 4 choices there "osx extended journaled" is probably what you want.

Comment

In 10.4.11.you need to go into the erase panel to get the format option. Of course that may have changed now.
      It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Originally posted by donmcmahan View Post
        When you open disk utility there is a bar in the window with tabs that say "First Aid" "Erase" "RAID" "Restore" click erase, that is where you format, there is a drop down menue asking which way you want it formated, there are 4 choices there "osx extended journaled" is probably what you want.
        Thanks for this, unfortunatly the disk is not shown in that panel at all.

Sorted. I unplugged everything and started again, the disk is formatting as I type.
        sigpicDave

Comment

Working...
        X