New Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Laptop

Well after weeks and weeks of debate and umming and arrrring..(is that the right spelling) i took the plunge last Sunday on a visit to John Lewis and bought a new Samsung laptop on offer....seems to have everything I need, but windows 8 is taking a bit of time to get my head around...being over 60 just as you get used to one system another comes along and off you go again on a learning curve.
    Now downloading all my music from the old desktop, all my pictures are being loaded onto my external hard drive, and then I will copy Photoshop over as well..then I might be able to get online again with some pictures !!

Anyone now using Windows 8 ....any tips ???

Cheers

Peter
    OMD-EM1 Mk2, 40-150. f2.8Pro, MC-14 converter, 7-14mm 2.8, 17mm 1.8, 45mm 1.8G, OM50mm 1.8, OM 28mm F2.8, OM 200mm F4 Giottos Silk Road YTL8384Tripod Giottos MH5011 head FL36 and other bits and bobs...
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
    www.flickr.com/photos/141996687@N02/

Re: New Laptop

Originally posted by Rocknroll59 View Post
    Anyone now using Windows 8 ....any tips ???
    Peter
    Peter,
    If you prefer to retain the look & feel of Windows7 (or Vista, or XP, etc.) on your W8 computer you could download Classic Shell - which is widely recommended. More details here: http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/
    Chris

Comment

Working...
    X