Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer ink

pinched this from the BBC website

In 2003 Which? carried out research showing that measure for measure, ink was seven times more expensive than a vintage bottle of Dom Perignon champagne.

Chris

Re: Printer ink

Originally posted by Crippledsandwich View Post

In 2003 Which? carried out research showing that measure for measure, ink was seven times more expensive than a vintage bottle of Dom Perignon champagne.

That was then... almost ten years later, it's probably worth throwing out the bubbly and hoarding ink cartridges.

Save the planet... buy a new printer every time the ink runs out.
    It's not what inspires us that is important, it's where the journey takes us.

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

Comment

Originally posted by Crippledsandwich View Post

However, Dom Perignon doesn't produce long-lasting colourful prints
      Chris

Comment

Ah - but champagne gives pleasure for maybe 5 minutes, after which it leaves you with a headache.

A good quality print lasts for 30+ years and will give pleasure throughout its life.

So 'measure for measure' printer ink is more than 450000 times the value of champagne.

Given meaningless comparisons it's quite possible to calculate meaningless results.

Nick
        Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
        www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

The price of Dom Perignon is what some people are prepared to pay for something they like but don't need.

The price of printer ink is(like petrol) what most people have to pay for something they need. Captive market!

Regards.
          Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
          OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
          Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterBirder View Post
            The price of Dom Perignon is what some people are prepared to pay for something they like but don't need.

The price of printer ink is(like petrol) what most people have to pay for something they need. Captive market!

Regards.
            I seem to remember from my youth certain girls for whom champagne was an apparent necessity.

I soon learnt that they were a luxury, however captiveating they believed themselves to be.

Nick
            Nick Temple-Fry

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
            www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Temple-Fry View Post
              I seem to remember from my youth certain girls for whom champagne was an apparent necessity.

I soon learnt that they were a luxury, however captiveating they believed themselves to be.

Nick
              It's terrible - no one has fed me the line (and how appropriate that form of words would prove to be) I need for the second part of my response.

E-group I'm disappointed in you.

Nick
              Nick Temple-Fry

www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X