E7 rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E7 rumours

I know many of you don't like speculating on what might happen to 43 but the 'the rumour site' today posted an article saying the E7 is looking at a 2013 release with a fairly high certainty rating.
    GX7, EP3, 9-18, 14-45, 45-150, 20 1.7, 25 1.4, 45 1.8, FL36 & various OM glass. flickr

Re: E7 rumours

I want the E6 before anything!

Comment

As a replacement for your E-4?
      Visit my panorama site: http://www.360vr.nl
      Twitter: 360vr_nl

Comment

This all reminds me of the days of slide film. I'd like to have a penny for each of the films I developed in both E4 and E6 process chemistry!

I don't read anywhere that the number '6' is unlucky in Japan, but it does seem quite rare as a single number model designation. '7' is a sexier number to market - it has had a special place in motor racing, for example.

Ian
        Founder and editor of:
        Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
        Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
        Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
        Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
        Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
        Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
        NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
          This all reminds me of the days of slide film. I'd like to have a penny for each of the films I developed in both E4 and E6 process chemistry!

I don't read anywhere that the number '6' is unlucky in Japan, but it does seem quite rare as a single number model designation. '7' is a sexier number to market - it has had a special place in motor racing, for example.

Ian
          If only they was giving free upgrades

Though, I'd like to see in the E7, higher frames per second, maybe also increasing to 15mp, 12.3 seems to be the limit for Olympus. Maybe even more focusing points!

Comment

Originally posted by KyleSmith View Post
            maybe also increasing to 15mp, 12.3 seems to be the limit for Olympus. Maybe even more focusing points!
            Not so the EM5 has 16 MP and I suspect the next Pen will have 16MP. So it seems likely if there is a E-7 it will have 16mp at least.
            Regards Paul.
            One day I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/

Comment

Originally posted by OlyPaul View Post
              Not so the EM5 has 16 MP and I suspect the next Pen will have 16MP. So it seems likely if there is a E-7 it will have 16mp at least.
              Sorry, I was refering to the D-SLR's rather than the EM and Pens.

Hopefully it has it!

Comment

Originally posted by OlyPaul View Post
                Surely they can't use anything less than the OMD sensor from now on... I suppose potentially they might keep the old 12mp for a low-end pen to keep the price down but that would be it...
                GX7, EP3, 9-18, 14-45, 45-150, 20 1.7, 25 1.4, 45 1.8, FL36 & various OM glass. flickr

Comment

If an E-6 or 7 comes out and it's got the warmed-over warmed-over 12mpx sensor in it ... I can see thousands of facepalms ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ulfric M Douglas View Post
                    I can see thousands of facepalms ...
                    I can see torches and pitchforks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ulfric M Douglas View Post
                      If an E-6 or 7 comes out and it's got the warmed-over warmed-over 12mpx sensor in it ... I can see thousands of facepalms ...
                      I don't think that even Olympus would try to get away with that one!
                      John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

I just want a proper pro body, one you can pound nails in with.

Drop the pop-up flash and the video feature but drop in the sensor from the EM-5.
                        It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Originally posted by David M View Post
                          I just want a proper pro body, one you can pound nails in with.

Drop the pop-up flash and the video feature but drop in the sensor from the EM-5.
                          I'll go along with that

Steve
                          Old divers never die, they just go down on old wrecks
                          Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but bubbles
                          My website

Comment

Certainly drop the flash...it could have a little LED flash to do the flash RC... but video...no Oly has to put in video and very good video...not for the likes of us but for those that are using DSLRs for broadcast video....or even digital cinematography...and yes I do want to use it to hammer nails in underwater....
                            chris
                            shetland

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post

Ian
                              '7' wouls be logical next model, lets hope. I agree with you Ian re the special place '7' has in motor sport I spent many a good day watching the late great Barry Sheene who used '7' even when he could use '1' as world champion.

I would like to see a better sensor maybe from the EM-5 or further developed. Better noise control and increased frames per second

I use my E-5 mainly for motorsport so I'm hoping for a new improved DSLR or when the time comes to replace the body I may have change brands!
                              Derek

www.dncphotography.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X