Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

anyone had a "glitch" like this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! anyone had a "glitch" like this ?

One of my holiday shots ...

It is a Coconut Tree full of fruit ... I think there must have been a power drop at some point ? Anyone ever had this ?
    [I].
    I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
    Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Re: anyone had a "glitch" like this ?

Chevvy can't see the exif.Did you have flash active in this shot looks like an flash sync speed prob. maybe to high a shutter speed?
    Iain

Comment

If you paid full price for that holiday I'd complain with the travel agency.
      Some of my pictures can be viewed here.

Comment

Because of the "smeared" color band in the middle, I'd guess it's a write-to-card problem. I've seen non-camera software do this (Painter Classic used to do this almost daily). Or as ardvorlich says, a flash sync problem, though I'd not expect the smearing to occur if the synch was out of whack, just the black band.
        http://technopeasant.org

Comment

It could be a shutter curtain problem - the curtains move vertically on a horizontal shot - hence side to side on a portrait shot - did any other shots do this - was the battery running down any other strange symptoms
          This space for rent

Comment

Hi Iain, Kees, Stewart and Derek, no flash was used - sorry but it seems I saved as jpeg no exif apologies
            [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

I would add that I can "view" the tiny RAW tile as complete - but as soon as I click on the shot it changes to this !

ps I have added an exif jpeg nw (and delted the other)
              [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

This is exactly like the images I got just before my Digilux 2 sensor went kaput (replaced under warranty even though 4 years old) but if you can read the RAW tile OK then it's not that. Is it just on this image or some others?

David
                PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Comment

Originally posted by David Morison View Post
                  This is exactly like the images I got just before my Digilux 2 sensor went kaput (replaced under warranty even though 4 years old) but if you can read the RAW tile OK then it's not that. Is it just on this image or some others?

David
                  Just this one image David, of 2,000 taken in two weeks on holidays ! I am fearing it was a "power surge" when I downloaded it ... I should check the card (if I have not done a format yet ...)
                  [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Well the 'RAW' tile is actually a tiny embedded jpg image in the file.

Could be a corruption on reading the file, might just possibly be a bug in the raw converter used. I suppose if you managed to power off the camera while it was writing from the buffer to the card this might happen.

But my guess would be a card fault.

Sorry

Nick
                    Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
                    www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
                      Just this one image David, of 2,000 taken in two weeks on holidays ! I am fearing it was a "power surge" when I downloaded it ... I should check the card (if I have not done a format yet ...)
                      If in any doubt, providing I have downloaded all the relevant images I would always format the card. In fact I never "erase all" in camera I always re-format.

David
                      PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Comment

OK

Chevvy sent me the ORF file and I was able to read it into Aperture and see the whole image - I then exported a PSD version and sent it back to Chevvy
                        This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by DerekW View Post
                          OK

Chevvy sent me the ORF file and I was able to read it into Aperture and see the whole image - I then exported a PSD version and sent it back to Chevvy
                          So does this tell us why it happened ?

The exif IS there ....
                          E5
                          F 5.6
                          1/30
                          iso 250
                          14mm length.
                          Keith

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68459774@N05

E500,E510 now dead,E520 (now retired),E600 and Grip,14-42,14-45,2x40-150,Sigmas 105 and 135-400 Now Dead..ex 25. Manfrotto 190. Plus lots of OM stuff.
                          Now also 4 items from the dark side...........

Comment

I can see the full EXIF data in Aperture. I think that there was a data combination in the file that could not be handled in the program that Chevvy was using yet it can be handled in Aperture.

I was also able to convert it into a DNG file using Adobe Digital Negative Converter program.

So I think that it is not a problem in the file but a deficiency in Chevvy's program.
                            This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
                              Hi Iain, Kees, Stewart and Derek, no flash was used - sorry but it seems I saved as jpeg no exif apologies
                              It looks like a card write failure to me. That is the sort of thing that can happen with emailed photos sometimes (on the horizontal) if half the data is lost.
                              Ross
                              I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                              Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                              Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                              Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                              Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Working...
                              X