Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Smart Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Cameras

I've just seen an add for the new Samsung "Smart" Cameras, and have a brilliant idea.

Why not include a sim card slot and then they could work as a phone as well
    Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Re: Smart Cameras

Very dry
    I've worked hard to be this grumpy. It hasn't been easy at times but it's worth it.

Comment

Joking apart: Given the growing computational power in cameras, I wonder how far away we are from running Apps on our cameras...
      Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Comment

Indeed. It's just a simple marketing function-reversal. Phones have better cameras nowadays, the Marketing guru's are just swapping the functionality around and will soon be promoting a Camera with a phone rather than a phone with a camera!
        John

Comment

Originally posted by snaarman View Post
          Joking apart: Given the growing computational power in cameras, I wonder how far away we are from running Apps on our cameras...
          May be closer than you think:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/14/s...igital-camera/
          GX7, EP3, 9-18, 14-45, 45-150, 20 1.7, 25 1.4, 45 1.8, FL36 & various OM glass. flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
            I've just seen an add for the new Samsung "Smart" Cameras, and have a brilliant idea.

Why not include a sim card slot and then they could work as a phone as well
            Great idea, Graham. You should apply for a patent... :roll eyes:

Karel
            Visit my panorama site: http://www.360vr.nl
            Twitter: 360vr_nl

Comment

Nokia beat you to it didn't they with the 41MP phone camera? Or HTC, Samsung, Apple...

In my pocket i carry a fully fledged computer that is faster and more powerful than my laptop, a camera that has a good P&S camera, GPS, MP3/video player and most importantly the ability to make phone calls. It probably does more than I can ever imagine wanting to use it for. Best of all I never leave the house without it. Now people can also make payments and use phones as travel cards. Step change in how we look at single platforms for many operations
              My Flickr

Comment

Working...
              X