Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Cataracts and effect on photo editing. Any experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cataracts and effect on photo editing. Any experience

Probably - I have a short break in May so assuming that they have the lenses available and that my eyes are upgradeable perhaps late May early June for me.
    This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by DerekW View Post
      Probably - I have a short break in May so assuming that they have the lenses available and that my eyes are upgradeable perhaps late May early June for me.
      I do so SO HOPE my EYES are upgradable

I just washed them out and filled them with Eyedrops I can see a bit clearer now (cleaned glasses again)
      [I].
      I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
      Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Well, Come on Derek are you ready for TOMORROW ?

Derek and I met at the Optegra Evening presentation at Solent Eye Hospital in Whiteley, nr. Fareham - we both booked tests and met again that day

We both had eyes bad enough to get this Refractive Lens Surgery and booked. Later Discovering, its on the same day and hour apart ... hey! ho! some may talk ... but my Nick was with me and Dereks good lady accompanying him as after tests unable to drive with pupils fully dilated and BRIGHT SUNLIGHT BLINDING ME ...

See you tomorrow Derek ... I was going to pack a book, as I usually do read when waiting ... BUT no reading tomorrow no Ipod so I am digging out my TRUSTY 1980's Sony Walkman Sport with FM radio ... just need some A batteries now ... and the headphones (last used for skiing so maybe in the loft with ski gear )
        [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
          Well, Come on Derek are you ready for TOMORROW ?

Derek and I met at the Optegra Evening presentation at Solent Eye Hospital in Whiteley, nr. Fareham - we both booked tests and met again that day

We both had eyes bad enough to get this Refractive Lens Surgery and booked. Later Discovering, its on the same day and hour apart ... hey! ho! some may talk ... but my Nick was with me and Dereks good lady accompanying him as after tests unable to drive with pupils fully dilated and BRIGHT SUNLIGHT BLINDING ME ...

See you tomorrow Derek ... I was going to pack a book, as I usually do read when waiting ... BUT no reading tomorrow no Ipod so I am digging out my TRUSTY 1980's Sony Walkman Sport with FM radio ... just need some A batteries now ... and the headphones (last used for skiing so maybe in the loft with ski gear )
          Bob

To see what is in front of one's nose requires constant struggle.
          GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Bob thanks for this reassuring experience

I have not heard from Derek recently, but last email he said "how much his sight had deteriorated" recently
            [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Bob thanks for this reassuring experience

I have not heard from Derek recently, but last email he said "how much his sight had deteriorated" recently
              Looking forward to hearing how it all went. No football with the kids for a little while, mind you!
              Bob

GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Originally posted by BobS View Post
                Looking forward to hearing how it all went. No football with the kids for a little while, mind you!
                P.S. Or bending down taking photos at ground level!
                Bob

GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Well thanks, I shall leave that to Nick then !
                  [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Good luck - hope it goes well
                    Cindy

Cameras: EM1 MK2 and Mk1, E-620, E-410, Om4Ti
                    Lenses: 12-60, 50-200, Panny 100-400, 9-18, ZD 50mm, 14-54 Mk1, 70-300, 40-150, 14-42, OM 50mm F3.5 macro
                    Also: EC14, EX25, FS35, Vanguard tripod, and far too many bags!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    "The air of heaven is that which flows between a horse's ears...."

Comment

Thanks Cindy - I was hoping to hear from Derek - I hope he has not changed his mind ? scary on my own ... maybe ! and no emails for a day or two ... no 4m either !
                      [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

blessings on the surgeon's hands and a quick recovery for you and derek.
                        larry

Comment

Originally posted by bowtie57 View Post
                          blessings on the surgeon's hands and a quick recovery for you and derek.
                          larry
                          Cheers Larry ! Right eye done - its sore but bearable - wine helping and early night with my Pirates Patch MASSIVE DIFFERENCE ! but bright light still hurts as pupil sooo dilated still ... will need RAY BANS in this RAIN

Derek noticed massive difference in colours afterwards, too ! and I left him in Recovery

ONE DOWN and ONE to go ...
                          [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Cheers Larry ! Right eye done - its sore but bearable - wine helping and early night with my Pirates Patch MASSIVE DIFFERENCE ! but bright light still hurts as pupil sooo dilated still ... will need RAY BANS in this RAIN

Derek noticed massive difference in colours afterwards, too ! and I left him in Recovery

ONE DOWN and ONE to go ...
                            Good to hear that. When are they doing the other one?
                            Bob

GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Good to hear that. When are they doing the other one?
                              Thursday 21st I meet up with Derek again at they Eye Hospital

Weird today, as right eye colours are bright and a few tones lighter and left eye colours are dull and a few tones darker

No photos or photo editing now for a few weeks as I am letting my brain rest and get used to this ... very little reading too - lots of walking dogs
                              [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

So happy to hear that things are progressing well and that goes also for Derek.

One day my turn, hopefully sooner rather than later [knocking on the door at number 70], will arrive for the same procedures.
                                It's not what inspires us that is important, it's where the journey takes us.

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

Comment

Working...
                                X