X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One up for Olympus cameras

My Published Book: http://www.blurb.com/my/book/detail/2771168

Re: One up for Olympus cameras

...if you have no pre conceptions you can see more clearly...
    ...go on ask him what he was using and how it was set
    chris
    shetland

Comment

Hi Chris not really bothered what camera he has, I was just so chuffed that a pro tog thought that my photography skills under low light is that good that he would tell them to use my images as they were better than his, his words not mine.

But saying that, take away there flash guns and they struggle it seems.

Perhaps he has never needed to rely on low light without flash, as you probably know it is more important to get your exposure right in camera with high iso, than at say iso 200, which makes a difference with getting cleaner or noisy images.

Dave

Comment

Nice one!
        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

I think you need to factor in your skill with perhaps a higher percentage than you give yourself credit Dave.
          The E-30 is certainly capable but you are the guy looking through the view finder and twiddling the knobs
          Well done
          Regards Huw

Olympus equipment
          Capture One Pro
          My flickr

Comment

Thanks guys for your comments, I put this up to encourage others new to 4/3rds that they are not as bad as some people make them out to be. We have to work harder to tweak out the best our equipment can deliver, I am not knocking other cameras, I was so thrilled that a tog thought what I got out of the camera was good enough in his opinion, and thought he should look at changing his camera.

But maybe he should be looking at what he could do to improve his technique using his camera in low light without flash. Yes I do stretch myself and I do get it wrong a lot of the time, but I try to find out why it went wrong and how I can improve.
            Back in the film days I would never put film in that was more than 400 iso, because I couldn't afford to experiment as I can now.

I met a guy with a Nikon d300 he said he would not go above 800iso, yet some other guys using the same kit go to 3200 or 6400 and not have a problem with it. noise can be a problem it could also work for you its knowing how to use it and not try to abliterate it to become unnatural looking plasticy as some may say.

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X