Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E1, E3 and E5 compatibility

Re: E1, E3 and E5 compatibility

You've got to give top marks to Olympus for at least trying to keep battery compatibility, where it physically fits the body, across several models. I wish Panasonic were so accommodating!
    Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Comment

Not much different to our away days then. Being forced to drive a 140bhp Honda four wheel drive round the Perthshire mountains in pouring rain...

However, we also had to endure trial by malt at the end of each day.
        Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

21 year old Old Pulteney?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...iness-15423862

I'm also delighted at the compatibility of my E-3 and E-5. Down to the USB cable and the eyecup. (which I lose of both)

Perhaps you don't want the camera repaired and then you can get an official Olympus system.
          Duncan

Lots of toys.

Comment

My Subaru Forester is less than half the horspower but I can vouch for the fact that it goes as well off road as on tarmac. In snow, and especially with the winter tyres I bought last year, it ouperforms Land Rovers and all sorts of Chelsea Tractors. My daughter works in Maine and over there about 3 in every 10 cars is a Subaru.
            David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

Originally posted by wanderer View Post
              Perhaps you don't want the camera repaired and then you can get an official Olympus system.
              An Olympus system would be nice, and it would save me having to keep RTFM'ing

Assuming your job still takes you out and about, do you use your kit, or theirs?

Comment

Assuming your job still takes you out and about, do you use your kit, or theirs?
                My secondment is unofficial ..... at the moment.
                I use my own equipment as I know how it works and so far the results have been what my 'customers' have asked for and more.
                My position may well change and I'm a bit more positive about it but taking nothing for granted. If it did become official I would probably have to go over to a N***N D3 of some sort and possibly also a mac. I'd rather stay with my Olympus.
                Last week I was mainly photographing grass, this week kids and on Monday I go to shoot the inside of a gasholder! Seriously!
                A colleague has given me a loan of his homemade 'cave suns' for lighting. I'll post a photo.
                Duncan

Lots of toys.

Comment

Working...
                X