Is your camera a fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your camera a fake?

I've just been watching a program about counterfeit goods. There was even an example of Tescos inadventantly selling cheap German plonk which was labled as a much more expesive French wine!

That got me thinking. Imagine you bought an E-5 which was really a Canon in disguise; if you didn't notice, you'd put the poor results down to your own ability as a photographer. It might only be when you sent the camera back to Olympus because the dust reduction wasn't working that the truth was revealed!
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Re: Is your camera a fake?

I do recall hearing a story like this many moons ago about someone who bought a DSLR and found it wasn't working properly, sent it to be serviced and found the internals didn't match the body...

but I can't remember where I read/heard it so it could just be my twisted imagination!
    GX7, EP3, 9-18, 14-45, 45-150, 20 1.7, 25 1.4, 45 1.8, FL36 & various OM glass. flickr

Comment

Comment

Working...
      X