Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Apologies - heads-up for future sale of items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apologies - heads-up for future sale of items

It's not what inspires us that is important, it's where the journey takes us.

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

Re: Apologies - heads-up for future sale of items

Hi Wally,

Sorry to hear about your eye problems, it must be very frustratiing.

Once you have sorted everything out I may be interested in the 14-54mm and or the 50mm, maybe even an HLD-4!

Just so that your are aware I have also enquired about a 14-54mm elesewhere so may not be able to commit for a fews days.

Kind regards,
    Jason.

E-M1, E-M5, EP-3, E1
    ZD 9-18, 12-60, 14-54, 50-200, 70-300, 12-50, 40-150, EC14, EC20, EX25
    Sigma 30

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gadgeteer2004/

Comment

Wally, this is the saddest post I've read for a long while and I am sorry to hear of your deteriorating eye-sight. I hope the deterioration happens as slowly as possible and takes longer than expected. Good luck when it comes to selling your gear, you have a great collection and hopefully will get a good price.

Kind regards,

John
      John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Yes, it's really sad to hear you're selling due to ill health.

Comment

That is sad, commiserations
          hearts at peace under an English heaven

Comment

Very sorry to hear that Wally. I would however like first refusal on the EC-20 if that is OK.

All the very best.

Steve
            Old divers never die, they just go down on old wrecks
            Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but bubbles
            My website

Comment

This is a tricky thread to reply to - sorry for your misfortune, but can I have your xxx?

I bought a wah pedal from a forum member on a bass guitar forum once, and learnt from the forum months later that he'd passed away. I felt kinda wierd, and told a mate about it. He told me (tongue in cheek) to get in touch with his widow quick to see if the rest of his gear was up for sale... I didn't, of course.

So Wally, I'm truly sorry to hear of your misfortune - a man who's amassed that much gear is obviously pretty serious about his photography.

But , I'm interested in your 70-300mm, and/or (depending on price) possibly the 50-200mm, and the 35mm & 50mm macros.

Again, sorry for your situation.

Thanks,

Mark
              Learning All The Time.

HAVE: E-620 | HLD-5 | ED14-42 | ED40-150 | ED70-300
              CURIOUS ABOUT: Sigma 50-500 Or | EC-14 For 70-300
              DREAM OF: E-5 | HLD-4 | ED7-14| ED14-35 | ED35-100 | ED90-250 | EC-14 | EC-20

Comment

I agree Mark, I felt extremely uncomfortable with my post above. The appropriate words are difficult to find. I just hope I didn't come across like I was picking over the bones. My sincere condolences Wally, may your condition somehow stop its progression.

Steve
                Old divers never die, they just go down on old wrecks
                Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but bubbles
                My website

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckdiver View Post
                  I agree Mark, I felt extremely uncomfortable with my post above. The appropriate words are difficult to find. I just hope I didn't come across like I was picking over the bones. My sincere condolences Wally, may your condition somehow stop its progression.

Steve
                  Not my intent to paint that you did Steve - your post was fine as far as I'm concerned. I reckon Wally will know we're not really vultures.

Mark
                  Learning All The Time.

HAVE: E-620 | HLD-5 | ED14-42 | ED40-150 | ED70-300
                  CURIOUS ABOUT: Sigma 50-500 Or | EC-14 For 70-300
                  DREAM OF: E-5 | HLD-4 | ED7-14| ED14-35 | ED35-100 | ED90-250 | EC-14 | EC-20

Comment

Wally, I'm really sorry to hear of your failing eyesight that will rob you of your passion, but I hope you still have some pleasures left in life you can enjoy.

Your name Wally is a name to remember for me as that was my fathers name too.
                    Ross
                    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                    Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                    Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

again, i can only reiterate the above, i hope you will be comforted by others kind words and knowing that others will benefit and enjoy what cleearly has been a source of great pleasure for you.
                      again, uncomfortably, i would be interested in the 50-200, 70-300, and the macros.
                      whatever happens though, good luck with everything x

Comment

Wally, as someone who may be following in your footsteps in the (hopefully distant) future, I feel for you.

Meanwhile, I might be interested in the Pentax 110 kit.
                        Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Very sorry to hear about your problem Wally, but please don't sell up until you've explored all the options...

Here's a link to a post I made on another forum a couple of years ago...

http://focal-pla.net/Forum/viewtopic...it=blind#p7795

...at the end of it, I also ask for advice on behalf of a friend who was losing his eyesight. I'm pleased to say that although he was told then that nothing could be done, a new treatment was tried last year and they have now managed to halt the deterioration.

Janet
                          My flickr photostream....

Comment

Sorry to hear of your medical problem Wally. I dont know the nature of your condition but hopefully it is such that you dont have to give up on photography totally...though I do know from experience what it is like when the body gives up and something cherished has to take a back seat... so lets wish a good sale of your present kit for you and hopefully in the future all is not lost photographically...
                            chris
                            shetland

Comment

Same here : my sympathies, and I hope you find better treatment in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X