X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Selling on the forum debate

Originally posted by Woofmix View Post
    Certainly not, after you ;-)
    Allow me to add a comma, which changes the whole meaning of the phrase to what I believe you intended.
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Yes, the comma makes it "in lieue" and not "in loo".

Comment

Are we too polite? About right I'd say.
        Are we too pedantic? Definitely.

Comment

Naughty children, that's what you....errrmmm, we....are
          Ceri Vale
          (www.vale-images.co.uk)

(Latest Work)

Equipment - Olympus stuff - 'nuff said

Comment

I have a little episode to relate to you that should make all members wary of purchasing from first time posters. A couple of months ago I purchased what I thought were original versions of Photoshop CS5 Extended. Boxed sealed, unopened and in brand new condition. I sold one copy (box) to a member here a few weeks ago. It turned out when that member came to use the software the second time around it would not accept the serial number. I immediately asked for the package to be returned to me and refunded the member plus his postage cost's. It turned out that both packages I purchased were pirated software. You would never know looking at the packaging and CD etc. If I had been trying to off load a few copies of pirate gear then I could have just vanished with quite a few quid after one or two post's. I know this is not the norm and is hopefully a one off experience but you have definitely got to be on your guard. I purchased the software from a reputable source who has since sorted things out for me so thankfully I never lost any money.
            http://psdfiles.graphics/

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
              Sorry, I couldn't resist this quote. Do you mind if I change it slightly?........

.....but I'd suggest that rogue traders are far more likely to pray on the Canikon users of this world - they are plentiful and do, by definition, consist of the gullible, the careless and the foolish.
              I doubt that they do much praying - more like preying!
              ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
                I doubt that they do much praying - more like preying!
                Thanks Nigel, I didn't notice that typo - is the Lord punishing me for mocking the afflicted, I wonder?
                John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                  B@ll@cks!

Sorry I'll wash my mouth out

(I've been looking for an opportunity to use that Smilie for ages)
                  Soap or Bleach
                  [I].
                  I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
                  Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Originally posted by xp1 View Post
                    I have a little episode to relate to you that should make all members wary of purchasing from first time posters. A couple of months ago I purchased what I thought were original versions of Photoshop CS5 Extended. Boxed sealed, unopened and in brand new condition. I sold one copy (box) to a member here a few weeks ago. It turned out when that member came to use the software the second time around it would not accept the serial number. I immediately asked for the package to be returned to me and refunded the member plus his postage cost's. It turned out that both packages I purchased were pirated software. You would never know looking at the packaging and CD etc. If I had been trying to off load a few copies of pirate gear then I could have just vanished with quite a few quid after one or two post's. I know this is not the norm and is hopefully a one off experience but you have definitely got to be on your guard. I purchased the software from a reputable source who has since sorted things out for me so thankfully I never lost any money.
                    Well done for sorting it out promptly with the member on this forum - your cautionary tale does emphasize the pitfalls of buying and selling online.
                    Hard to spot pirated goods are one of my fears, imagine buying an E-5 only to later discover that it is a cunningly disguised Nikon!
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
                      Soap or Bleach
                      Both, I think, after that outburst.
                      John

Comment

Originally posted by xp1 View Post
                        This is a very sad experience and one, I fear, will become more common ! The World is becoming more "creative" in ways to make a few Bucks ! and decent & honest Traders are being "conned" by software theft !

I have bought NEW, SEALED, ORIGINAL DVD's from eBay and Amazon and found them to be "copies" and report all to the Federations against Software and Films orgs. but Amazon and eBay did not seem at all bothered !
                        [I].
                        I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
                        Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Re: ZD35-100mm SHG lens

Originally posted by DekHog View Post
                          ... Ten posts before being able to trade is pointless, something more like 100 would be better, and not just 'nice shot' posts either....
                          is someone going to read each of these 100 posts and judge them to be of adequate quality to count?

Comment

Originally posted by donmcmahan View Post
                            is someone going to read each of these 100 posts and judge them to be of adequate quality to count?
                            A quick look through a random selection would probably do, or the Mods might even have a way to summarise posts from members - it's not like the forum is so inundated with new members, especially those wishing to sell, that it would be a full-time job...

Comment

Originally posted by DekHog View Post
                              A quick look through a random selection would probably do, or the Mods might even have a way to summarise posts from members - it's not like the forum is so inundated with new members, especially those wishing to sell, that it would be a full-time job...
                              Yeah, thanks....we've got loads of time!

Actually, it's something I tend to do anyway if I'm at all suspicious about trolling, spamming, commercial trading or anything else. Luckily we don't have too much of those around here.
                              John

Comment

Originally posted by Johnheatingman
                                In that case ............ what's the problem ??? Leave things as they are

John
                                Sheesh, did I say NO new members? It's obviously only my opinion anyway, so let's just drop it....

Comment

Working...
                                X