Photo of you past and present ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo of you past and present ?

Is it a good idea to post a photo of ourselves Past & Present ? Few of us shall meet up, so at least we can "see" the person when we are communicating on here ?

Taken by our neighbour and Local Weybridge Photographer for Weekly News & Mail "Fred Rice"

Taken by my DH Nick at Hunton walking our dogs
    [I].
    I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
    Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Re: Photo of you past and present ?

You're brave!

Ian
    Founder and editor of:
    Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
    Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
    Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
    Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
    NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
    sigpic

Comment

Here's me aged 8, taken by my father with his Box Brownie which saw service on the North-West Frontier of India just after WW2, and which I still own.

Any resemblance to the current StephenL is purely co-incidental!

Incidentally, on the table is my favourite model train, Princess Elizabeth!

Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

And by popular (?) request, one of me at work polishing the jingle bells on a one-horse open sleigh (I kid you not).

Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
          And by popular (?) request, one of me at work polishing the jingle bells on a one-horse open sleigh (I kid you not).

So you're Santa's Little Helper!
          John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

SATAN, not Santa

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
            So you're Santa's Little Helper!
            Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
              You're brave!

Ian
              Or foolhardy! I like the idea of this so here's a couple from me

First, guess the car and its location (can't remember but I can probably find out!)

One from a school trip to Vindolanda roman fort a few years back and luckily one of the few times that I tried walking about in Northumberland in a skirt (work out what was used to make up this outfit). And for those that might question the socks and sandals . . . yes they did!
              Some 8 years later and this one is still used in the school's Prospectus, hence I try to keep a low profile when walking past the current crop of parents! But it is one of my favourite images of myself as I always prefer to be behind the camera.

Regards
              Chris
              If I'm out I'm JustSwanningAround
              or more often at www.facebook.com/JustSwanningAround

Comment

Originally posted by catkins View Post
                Or foolhardy! I like the idea of this so here's a couple from me

First, guess the car and its location (can't remember but I can probably find out!)

One from a school trip to Vindolanda roman fort a few years back and luckily one of the few times that I tried walking about in Northumberland in a skirt (work out what was used to make up this outfit). And for those that might question the socks and sandals . . . yes they did!
                Some 8 years later and this one is still used in the school's Prospectus, hence I try to keep a low profile when walking past the current crop of parents! But it is one of my favourite images of myself as I always prefer to be behind the camera.

Regards
                Chris
                Oh Chris, that's a tough one! The car I guess is something like a Zepher or Zodiak and the location......I'll assume it might be Northumberland and take a wild stab that it might be at Carter Bar (now tell me which part of Wales! )

The second seems to have just a little of John Cleese about it.
                John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

OK, Chevvy, just to teach you not to start threads like this. Everyone, get a bucket before you view any further!

Me as a toddler with two of my best friends. I only stopped taking my teddy to bed at the age of 15, when I decided it would be neither cool or sensible to take him on a school trip.

During my school days, aged around ten I think, with a smile that must be making you just a little queesy. I don't remember having ears that stuck out like that. Judging by the catchlights my Dad must have used a two light set-up for this.

Now we get really cringeworthy. There aren't many shots of me in my teens, probably because my parent's despaired of my appearance, but here I am at 17 with my hair cut really short as a reluctant concession to starting work in the bank. I think Mum took this on her Instamatic, judging by the overall softness - unless Dad owned a Nikon that I don't remeber!

Fast forward to my early thirties, the time of my life that I best remember and most enjoyed. If it was Saturday or Sunday, or any holiday, you'd find me somewhere in the hills.

Now up to date, taken by Graham from Rainham on, I believe, Ian's E-PL2 at Mark Thackara's visit in March to Barking Photographic Society. In case you are wondering, I'm the handsome one on the right and any depiction that I have a pot belly and moobs is entirely down to uncharacteristic distortion and aberration of the Zuiko lens. Also, we all know that I have more hair than that - and they say that the camera never lies!

John

Comment

Oh Chris, that's a tough one! The car I guess is something like a Zepher or Zodiak and the location......I'll assume it might be Northumberland and take a wild stab that it might be at Carter Bar (now tell me which part of Wales! )

The second seems to have just a little of John Cleese about it.
                    Well, the car is a mid 1950s Sunbeam Rapier and the location is . . . . . not Northumberland or even Wales, but instead Venezuela! The joys of Shell and the big oil fields of Lake Maraciabo.

Regards
                    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by catkins View Post
                      Well, the car is a mid 1950s Sunbeam Rapier and the location is . . . . . not Northumberland or even Wales, but instead Venezuela! The joys of Shell and the big oil fields of Lake Maraciabo.

Regards
                      Chris
                      At least I was close!
                      John

Comment

Hmmmm . .I will need to find some old stuff to add to this thread

I would have added the one which led to me being able to claim to being a prize winning model .. I kid you not

luckily for you lot it was the picture that won not me and I don't own copyright

Regards
                        Andy
                        My Kit (OK I'm a hoarder...)
                        4/3 E500, E510, E30 + 35macro, 50macro, 7-14, 11-22, 14-45 (x2), 14-54, 40-150 (both types), 50-200, 70-300, 50-500,
                        m 4/3 EM1MkII + 60 macro, 12-100 Pro
                        FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
                        The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
                        http://www.shenstone.me.uk
                        http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
                        https://vimeo.com/shenstone
                        http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/

Comment

At least I was close!
                          Well the daft thing was that although I was pretty sure that it was taken in Venezuela the fact that it was a UK car and that the hills/mountains in the background did have the look of UK scenery meant that I had to delve into the records of my dad who luckily recorded the fact that the car was imported into South America and that, as he drove it from the port to our home, he (with family onboard) were stopped by the Venezuelan police, not for speeding but for the fact that they'd never seen such a small car in a land of big American cars!
                          So thanks for joining in the spirit of the occasion, there was nothing wrong in the logic that you used!

Regards
                          Chris

Comment

Just found the thread and my guess would have been a Hillman Minx. Same body as the Rapier Mk1. My father bought a Mk2 when we lived in Libya in the late 1950's. The second tone was like a go faster stripe and like Red Bull it had wings. Great old cars
                            Jim
                            www.jim-mccabe.co.uk
                            http://www.jimmccabephotography.blogspot.com
                            (My Travels in Aus & NZ)

Comment

Just days old in this one

Probably not even a year old

Last week

Comment

Working...
                              X