X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: That Forum again..

Thanks for the replies all.

Just proves what a friendly and well informed place THIS forum is

Nice one John for getting banned lol, its all a bit silly in my eyes, that mod that banned you looks like a right numpty and is spoiling the TP site imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrie View Post
      Thanks for the replies all.

Just proves what a friendly and well informed place THIS forum is

Nice one John for getting banned lol, its all a bit silly in my eyes, that mod that banned you looks like a right numpty and is spoiling the TP site imho.
      I have to say, I agree with you Garrie, this place is just the best. I know it's an Olympus support forum, but it matters not what you have really, and I rarely see anyone bashing Canon or Nikon just for the sake of it.

I'd also strongly urge anyone here to read the latest 'Of interest to E5 owners' thread. It pitches the E-5 on a par, and better in some areas than... check this... the D700!
      John

Comment

I noticed that thread, looks superb. I so hope my works bonus in March is enough to cover a E5

I dare you to post that as your "return" thread?

I've just put some pics up for the first time in ages, I'll see what response I get, the shots aren't anything great mind, only got a few replies on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrie View Post
          I noticed that thread, looks superb. I so hope my works bonus in March is enough to cover a E5

I dare you to post that as your "return" thread?
          I see no reason not to, Garrie
          John

Comment

Originally posted by theMusicMan View Post
            Hehe Paul. Unfortunately, I just see the 'you are suspended' message hehe.
            If you log off the site you should be able to view threads as a guest, but not participate of course.
            John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
              If you log off the site you should be able to view threads as a guest, but not participate of course.
              Yep, sorted that with Safari as my 2nd browser, John.
              John

Comment

Originally posted by OlyPaul View Post
                John I just posted on that thread with a thinly veiled knock at some of the morons there.
                Looks like your post, amogst others, has been removed by Matty as he sanitized the thread in the time honoured TP tradition.

John's post was deemed to be "provocative nonsense" by Matty, yet recently this post in a critique thread was considered OK:-

22-11-2010, 10:57 #42
                Arkady

Camera: Chang-Cheng DF-3

AndrewJ - if I was your tutor I'd gouge your eyes out with my thumbs...

...in front of your peers to encourage them to do better and to reinforce the message that shoddy work of this nature isn't to be tolerated..

While this may sum up your feelings about that area, the image itself is poor, very poor, as it does nothing other than impel me to turn the page (figuratively speaking).

This is a 'nothing' photo. A waste of pixels...
                John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Looks like your post, amogst others, has been removed by Matty as he sanitized the thread in the time honoured TP tradition.

John's post was deemed to be "provocative nonsense" by Matty, yet recently this post in a critique thread was considered OK:-

22-11-2010, 10:57 #42
                  Arkady

Camera: Chang-Cheng DF-3

AndrewJ - if I was your tutor I'd gouge your eyes out with my thumbs...

...in front of your peers to encourage them to do better and to reinforce the message that shoddy work of this nature isn't to be tolerated..

While this may sum up your feelings about that area, the image itself is poor, very poor, as it does nothing other than impel me to turn the page (figuratively speaking).

This is a 'nothing' photo. A waste of pixels...
                  Yep, this is a post by none other than Zuiko's friend and mine... Mr Arkady - photographer extraordinaire, and self confessed god of all things photographic.

This guy can get away with anything; he is rude, arrogant, always offensive and... guess what... uses a few Nikon D3's.

In fact, this thread is a great example of how the place is allowed to run.
                  John

Comment

Hmm, I'm sorely tempted to register there and do a bit of trolling and set traps for the idiots!

Jim

Comment

I think John deserves a special award, so I made him this.

Could make a good avatar on TP..........
                      John

Comment

haha, love it John... I am honoured
                        John

Comment

I'd just like to point out that in my opinion Arkady's "eye gouging" post was well deserved, appropriate in the context and very funny. in fact that whole thread is a trainwreck of dummy-spitting entertainment and can't be taken as an example of the norm (boring, "great shot" drones) at TP.
                          http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/for...d.php?t=275493

My own post on the same thread ;
                          Originally posted by Ulfric M Douglas
                          The photo is crap, and I'm free to say so now that someone above me has already uttered that forbidden word. I'm sure I'm still forbidden to say I hate it so I'll just say it is a worthless thoughtless over-the-shoulder snapshot of pretty much nothing.

As for trolling, the OP plainly admits that was his intention;

In other words trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Ulfric M Douglas View Post
                            I'd just like to point out that in my opinion Arkady's "eye gouging" post was well deserved, appropriate in the context and very funny. in fact that whole thread is a trainwreck of dummy-spitting entertainment and can't be taken as an example of the norm (boring, "great shot" drones) at TP.
                            http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/for...d.php?t=275493

My own post on the same thread ;
                            Sorry, Ulfric, but I'm afraid I disagree with you on this occasion. Commentators on the thread had every right to trash the picture but IMO Arkady's comments were distasteful and personal, rather than objective about the photograph.

The OP is a uni photography student who was hoping to use his picture to prompt a debate

Originally Posted by Andrew J
                            To be perfectly honest I must admit to a small amount of deception ...
                            What I was interested in was sparking a debate on how photography works conceptually. Which despite not posting the best photo as an example I've found it pretty handy in starting discussions that I've found really interesting....

Just my opinion, of course, but I'd hardly call that trolling. In fact, I'd say that it was an attempt by Andrew to save face, given the (desrvedly) unanimous critisism of his picture. Ironically, I'd already been accused myself of trolling on the thread, by Arkady, when in fact I was one of the first to reply and try to offer some constructive debate.
                            John

Comment

Nice one John, that would make a great avatar
                              Regards Huw

Olympus equipment
                              Capture One Pro
                              My flickr

Comment

Originally posted by theMusicMan

I do think Matty's public comment about picking belly button fluff is way out of order for a moderator to make, though.
                                I agree - I'm glad I decided not to post my comment, which along similar lines invited Mr Matty to pull his finger out of...... well you get the idea!

Glad the suspension's been lifted........though I dont know what to do with the "Re-instate the Oly 1" t-shirts!

Regards

Neil
                                Last edited by theMusicMan; 7th December 2010, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X