Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Wrotniak

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wrotniak

    It's a year since his E system site was last updated. Does anyone know what has happened to him?
    David

    EM1ii, EM10ii

  • #2
    Re: Wrotniak

    Originally posted by Melaka View Post
    It's a year since his E system site was last updated. Does anyone know what has happened to him?
    I've been wondering about him myself. It's been over a year since he updated his website.
    Stewart

    My Zenfolio Site
    My Portfolio Site

    Olympus: E-M1 Mk11 | PEN-F + ECG-4 | XZ-1 | Lumix: G9 | LX100
    Zuiko: 40-150 Pro + MC-14 | 12-100 Pro | 7-14 Pro | 17 | 45 | 60 | OM 135
    Leica: 100-400 | 12-60 Lumix: 12-32 Samyang: 7.5 fisheye

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Wrotniak

      It is a shame its not been updated, I've pored over his reviews and information!

      I also hope everything's ok in his life.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Wrotniak

        What a co-incidence, I was going ask the same thing. I have emailed him in the past to thank him for his efforts and pass on some information. He did at one stage say that work commitments would keep him way from updating the site. He also regularly travels back to Poland from the USA.

        But this near year long break is a real shame for all us Wrotniak devotees. Lets hope he will find sometime to add to his marvelous website.

        Cheers

        Chris

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Wrotniak

          Hmmm, a year is a long time - I hope all is well with him and it's just other committments that are responsible.
          John

          "A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Wrotniak

            I am disappointed to report that after my previous post I cracked and sent an email which came back as recipient rejected. I have checked my spelling of his email address but I cannot find any error. Perhaps his inbox is full but I cannot add anything more to the debate. I do so much hope that everything is well with Andrzej, he has given so much to us all.

            Cheers

            Chris

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Wrotniak

              I wondered if I could find a contact email on the Biofos website as I remember that the great man worked closely with John. Sadly I could not find one to ask John if he had any information.

              I have found this thread on the Dpreview site that was posted on the 16th September 2010:

              http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=36338982

              "Andrzej is well but he does not have time to devote to his passion right now. I saw him a few weeks ago and he was headed for Poland. Along with family responsibilities there and great demands on time at his workplace he will have to wait until time becomes available to pursue writing articles on Olympus again."

              Good news but we will all have to be patient for further information.

              Cheers

              Chris

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Wrotniak

                Originally posted by CaptainD View Post
                I wondered if I could find a contact email on the Biofos website as I remember that the great man worked closely with John. Sadly I could not find one to ask John if he had any information.

                I have found this thread on the Dpreview site that was posted on the 16th September 2010:

                http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=36338982

                "Andrzej is well but he does not have time to devote to his passion right now. I saw him a few weeks ago and he was headed for Poland. Along with family responsibilities there and great demands on time at his workplace he will have to wait until time becomes available to pursue writing articles on Olympus again."

                Good news but we will all have to be patient for further information.

                Cheers

                Chris
                By coincidence Chris, while you were posting this I was sending an email to John Foster to ask the same question. His contact details took a bit of finding but are buried in "More Information." I'll update this thread if and when I get a reply.

                From what you've found on DP Review it at least sounds that Andrzej is OK, which is the main thing.
                John

                "A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Wrotniak

                  I've had a reply from John Foster, who confirmed that Andrzej hasn't updated his site or replied to any emails for about a year. He did speak to him by telephone several month's ago and it seems that Andrzej is under a great deal of work related pressure. Whilst things are not good for him, he is at least basically OK and John is sure he will return to his site when his problems have reduced. I've asked John to pass on our best wishes to Andrzej if he should speak to him again.
                  John

                  "A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Wrotniak

                    Thanks for raising this David. I too was wondering what happened. Good to know he is OK and look forward to him having the opportunity to update his site. I, like many of us, have greatly appreciated his contributions and advice. He got me off the ground floor with the E3 which to me at the time was a great mystery.
                    Best Regards

                    PeterD

                    www.imageinuk.com/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Wrotniak

                      I found his site when I had an E20 and it's always been a goldmine of useful information.
                      David

                      EM1ii, EM10ii

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Wrotniak

                        Dear John,

                        What a nice touch to pass on all our best wishes to Andrzej, let's hope that at some point we are lucky enough to benefit from some more of his thoughts and expertise.

                        Cheers

                        Chris

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Wrotniak

                          Just to update the whereabouts of Andrezj Wrotniak - I heard on BBC 5 Live this morning (Tuesday 23 November) that he will be at Christies Auctioneer's in London for the historic sale of an Apple 1 which apparantley was the forerunner of all Apple Macs.
                          Andy,
                          www.sport-on-wheels.com
                          Digital Imaging for Disability Sport
                          www.sport-on-wheels.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Wrotniak

                            Originally posted by Click29 View Post
                            Just to update the whereabouts of Andrezj Wrotniak - I heard on BBC 5 Live this morning (Tuesday 23 November) that he will be at Christies Auctioneer's in London for the historic sale of an Apple 1 which apparantley was the forerunner of all Apple Macs.
                            Andy,
                            www.sport-on-wheels.com
                            Was it definitely Wrotniak?
                            The reason I ask, is that the designer of Apple 1 and partner of Steve Jobs was Steve Wozniak who actually hand built the item for sale at Christie's and would probably have an interest in the sale.
                            Stewart

                            My Zenfolio Site
                            My Portfolio Site

                            Olympus: E-M1 Mk11 | PEN-F + ECG-4 | XZ-1 | Lumix: G9 | LX100
                            Zuiko: 40-150 Pro + MC-14 | 12-100 Pro | 7-14 Pro | 17 | 45 | 60 | OM 135
                            Leica: 100-400 | 12-60 Lumix: 12-32 Samyang: 7.5 fisheye

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Wrotniak

                              Hi Stewart,
                              Just listened back to the piece on BBC 5 Live - it is Steve Wrotniak that will be at Christie's auction. You're absolutely correct, sorry about the mis-information.
                              Regards,
                              Andy.
                              www.sport-on-wheels.com
                              Digital Imaging for Disability Sport
                              www.sport-on-wheels.com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X