Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

confused.bob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused.bob

I am really, really confused.

My PC has 64bit Windows 7 loaded as well as 32bit. When I am looking at photos in the galleries, the 'rating' bar is not always shown in one of the versions but appears in the other version. I know that Adobe Flash Player is not yet available for the 64bit version, but I don't think this is anything to do with this. I also have problems with links with one of the versions but I believe this is something to do with the security settings (which I think is the same with both).

Is it me getting too old for this sort of technology or is there another, more logical (and happier) reason for my predicament?

Any help or advice will be gratefully received. (Never had these problem with my old XP computer!)
    Bob

To see what is in front of one's nose requires constant struggle.
    GEORGE ORWELL

Re: confused.bob

I don't have any problems at all with Adobe Flash on my Win 7 64 bit installation. Which web browser are you using? Can I ask why and how you have both versions? I presume you have the disks partitioned and dual-boot.
    Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
      I don't have any problems at all with Adobe Flash on my Win 7 64 bit installation. Which web browser are you using? Can I ask why and how you have both versions? I presume you have the disks partitioned and dual-boot.
      Hi Stephen. Thanks for your response to my cry for help. It's been a heavy day with visitors viewing our house which is up for sale as we're on the move (hopefully). I'll come back with the info shortly, when I've gathered my wits that have temporarily escaped!

Thanks again
      Bob

GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

You can use Flash in Windows Vista and 7 64bit version, however you must use the normal version of Internet Explorer not the 64bit version.

Flash has not been released as a 64bit version.

64bit Windows allows the usage of 32bit software by Thunking.

As to your problem, I do not have an answer.

I use Windows 7 x64 on two of my machines, and Windows 7 x32 on two netbooks/laptops.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunk

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
          Hi Stephen. Sorry for the delay in replying, but as I explained, I am going through a period of abnormal brain drain! I am using Windows 7 Internet Explorer (64 bit) for which, my computer says, Flash is not yet available. It is available on my 32 bit version and I use either, depending on how I feel as sometimes links seem to work in one version but not in the other. As far as viewing the rating option in a gallery, I think it's me getting my smalls in a twist! Just ignore my rant but thanks anyway for your contribution.
          Bob

GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Originally posted by j.baker View Post
            You can use Flash in Windows Vista and 7 64bit version, however you must use the normal version of Internet Explorer not the 64bit version.

Flash has not been released as a 64bit version.

64bit Windows allows the usage of 32bit software by Thunking.

As to your problem, I do not have an answer.

I use Windows 7 x64 on two of my machines, and Windows 7 x32 on two netbooks/laptops.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunk
            Hi John and thanks for your advice. I know that Flash is not available for the 64 bit browser and as far as my other problem is concerned, I think it's just me. For various reasons I need to switch between my old PC (Windows XP), my laptop (also XP) and this computer that has Windows 7 with 64 bit and 32 bit browsers so I do get a bit addled sometimes! And, having a drink when the sun is over the yard-arm, doesn't help!
            Bob

GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Originally posted by BobS View Post
              Hi John and thanks for your advice. I know that Flash is not available for the 64 bit browser and as far as my other problem is concerned, I think it's just me. For various reasons I need to switch between my old PC (Windows XP), my laptop (also XP) and this computer that has Windows 7 with 64 bit and 32 bit browsers so I do get a bit addled sometimes! And, having a drink when the sun is over the yard-arm, doesn't help!
              That should help a lot. Just tell yourself a relaxed brain is not a stressed one!

I only use XP (home & pro) & Windows 7 32 bit (home & pro) & know the differences have to be remembered, so I can't help you with 64 bit issues. I just got myself a laptop with 7 pro on just so I don't have to compete with my children for the other computers. It's MINE.
              Ross
              I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
              Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
              Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
              Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
              Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
                That should help a lot. Just tell yourself a relaxed brain is not a stressed one!

I only use XP (home & pro) & Windows 7 32 bit (home & pro) & know the differences have to be remembered, so I can't help you with 64 bit issues. I just got myself a laptop with 7 pro on just so I don't have to compete with my children for the other computers. It's MINE.
                Bob

GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Hi Ross — good to hear from you again. I can never remember whether you are 10 hours ahead of us or 10 hours behind us, so is it 4am or midnight down under. One thing I do know, you are all upside down as far as we are concerned!

Maybe, but we're ahead of you.

Surely, no one in there right mind would be on the forum at 4:00 am, but then again a couple of UK members have been on till about 2:30 am (UK time).
                  Ross
                  Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.

Comment

Maybe, but we're ahead of you.

Surely, no one in there right mind would be on the forum at 4:00 am, but then again a couple of UK members have been on till about 2:30 am (UK time).
                    off to bed now
                    Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
                    www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

I will just kick about for a few more minutes
                      My Flickr Home Page

Comment

Hi Ross — good to hear from you again. I can never remember whether you are 10 hours ahead of us or 10 hours behind us, so is it 4am or midnight down under. One thing I do know, you are all upside down as far as we are concerned!

What do you mean we are all upside down, down under? It must just your perception.

You're going to have to stand on your head to see this one.
                        Ross

Comment

What do you mean we are all upside down, down under? It must just your perception.

You're going to have to stand on your head to see this one.
                          Just seen this after being away for a long weekend. Nice one, Ross, though I think there is a little element of 'cut and paste' so to speak! Can you line it all up and re-submit after which I will award points.
                          Bob

GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Just seen this after being away for a long weekend. Nice one, Ross, though I think there is a little element of 'cut and paste' so to speak! Can you line it all up and re-submit after which I will award points.
                            This is how I saw it. (I don't see things upside down here )

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/26554

My son was performing some tricks & showed me this. He uses magic... No, there is no super glue. There is no cutting & pasting in this, as this was just me trying out my E30.

Enjoy
                            Ross

Comment

This is how I saw it. (I don't see things upside down here )
                              My son was performing some tricks & showed me this. He uses magic... No, there is no super glue. There is no cutting & pasting in this, as this was just me trying out my E30.

Enjoy
                              I think it's all a cello (i.e. a big fiddle)
                              Bob

GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Working...
                              X