• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted E-1, E-500 or E-510

Re: Wanted E-1, E-500 or E-510

Comment

If you say where you are you might find there's somebody local to you who might even be willing to either lend you a camera or even give you a hand with taking pictures.

Maybe you could try looking at your local London Camera Exchange to see if they have one for sale, that you could resell back to them again later? It's probably a silly idea though.

Good luck.
      - my pictures -

Comment

Out of this site's very own hire stock we can now let you have an E-30 or E-620 body for a very affordable price for a few days. Get in touch if you are interested!

Ian
        Founder and editor of:
        Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
        Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
        Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
        Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
        Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
        Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
        NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
        sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
            Out of this site's very own hire stock we can now let you have an E-30 or E-620 body for a very affordable price for a few days. Get in touch if you are interested!

Ian
            Would be interested in your rates. I am concerned that I will enjoy using the E-30 to such an extent that I will not be happy with my E-520 afterwards.

I held the E-620 and E-30 at Park Cameras. I preferred the E-30 as the E-620 felt rather small.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
              If you say where you are you might find there's somebody local to you who might even be willing to either lend you a camera or even give you a hand with taking pictures.

Maybe you could try looking at your local London Camera Exchange to see if they have one for sale, that you could resell back to them again later? It's probably a silly idea though.

Good luck.
              I have had a look on the LCE site, but there was nothing available. Its a good idea though.

I would be a bit wary of borrowing someone's camera in case I damaged it.

I would be happy to buy a cheap body, as I could take it to work with me with my 14-42 lens and leave the E-520 and 12-60 at home.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Weasel View Post
                  The E-500 has an inbuilt flash, which would be handy for some photos at work.
                  I don't know what the E500 is like, but both my E400 and E30 have on board flash.

To be honest I think you'd be better with a flash gun for the wedding, because with the 14-42 lens if you forget to take off the lens hood you get a shadow on the pictures when you use the camera's own flash. I'm assuming it's the same with all models.

Hmm, looks as if it could be a bit more expensive than you thought.
                  - my pictures -

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                    I don't know what the E500 is like, but both my E400 and E30 have on board flash.

To be honest I think you'd be better with a flash gun for the wedding, because with the 14-42 lens if you forget to take off the lens hood you get a shadow on the pictures when you use the camera's own flash. I'm assuming it's the same with all models.

Hmm, looks as if it could be a bit more expensive than you thought.
                    I have a FL36R flash which I can use for the wedding.

I was thinking of other uses for a second body. Rather than taking my main body and lens, I can take the cheaper body and lens with me to work on a daily basis. I work in commercial/industrial boiler houses and sometimes need to take photos for work. An inbuilt flash would be OK for these photos.

Comment

I foud this one on Loot but it comes with 2 lenses, might be to expensive but it comes with OVNO.

http://www.loot.com/advert/e500-olympus-camera/2664553
                      Geoff

Comment

Working...
                      X