Lightroom standalone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOUND Lightroom standalone

Iím wondering if anyone would like to sell me their copy of Lightroom 6 (think 6 was the last one before creative cloud if I not mistaken.)
    Iím already paying for creative cloud but at £10 a month Iím not seeing the value as I have no intention in the near future of changing my EM-1 mk1. Hoping this route mat save me some money.

Thanks
    EM-1 MK1 - No website containing any of my photos until I'm good enough!

Re: Lightroom standalone

I recommend switching to Capture One. While it may be painful to switch at first, it is just as good as Lightroom (so even claim better), and you can actually buy a latest piece of software and use it however you want.
    E-M1 mk II
    12mm f/2 | 17mm f/1.2 | 17mm f/1.8 | 25mm f1.8 | 45mm f1.8 | 9-18mm | 14-150mm

Comment

Originally posted by Edman View Post
      I recommend switching to Capture One. While it may be painful to switch at first, it is just as good as Lightroom (so even claim better), and you can actually buy a latest piece of software and use it however you want.
      Thanks

Is there a particular version worth getting? If so how much should i be aiming for?

Comment

Originally posted by timboo View Post
        Thanks

Is there a particular version worth getting? If so how much should i be aiming for?
        I looked at Capture One to eventually replace my standalone LR6.
        Perpetual version is $299, bit pricey for me so will carry on with LR for the forseeable future

Comment

I bought and installed a version of Lightroom a few years ago, but have never used it. I'll check to see what version it is. If it's the version you want, I can de-register it and come to an agreement on price, if you like.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
            I bought and installed a version of Lightroom a few years ago, but have never used it. I'll check to see what version it is. If it's the version you want, I can de-register it and come to an agreement on price, if you like.

Jim
            Please Jim if you dont mind let me know.

Thanks

Tim

Comment

It's Lightroom 5, not 6.

If that's any good to you.

Jim

Comment

It's Lightroom 5, not 6.

Jim
                Erm not sure what the differences are. As long as my nik tools works with it.
                Wonder if anyone on here knows. Can i do some digging and let you know if thats ok. I will create a software thread as I seem to remember having really bad performance issues with lightroom a while back and i cant remember if it was V5 or not, occurred when I hit shift and dragged sliders.

Comment

According to this page:
                  https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/camera-ra...d-cameras.html

the original E-M1 has been supported since LR 5.3. I've been using LR since v3 (currently on 6.14) and not had any significant performance problems that I can recall.
                  Steve

Comment

Originally posted by raichea View Post
                    According to this page:
                    https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/camera-ra...d-cameras.html

the original E-M1 has been supported since LR 5.3. I've been using LR since v3 (currently on 6.14) and not had any significant performance problems that I can recall.
                    Dont think i have ever owned v5 think issues were v6 as it was released in 2015 so mid way through a 6 update things went slow.

Comment

It's Lightroom 5, not 6.

Jim
                      Hi Jim. Please Pm me what price u thinking.
                      Thanks

Tim

Comment

Just make a donation to BBC's Children in Need and PM me your address.

In the meantime I'll see how to de-register it on my machine.

Jim

Comment

Just make a donation to BBC's Children in Need and PM me your address.

In the meantime I'll see how to de-register it on my machine.

Jim
                          dont be silly i will send you money. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by timboo View Post
                            dont be silly i will send you money. :-)
                            No, seriously, Tim.

I was thinking about donating last night, so just donate £20 (say) and we're done.

I checked my computer to deregister it, but it looks like I've never registered it when I bought it. I basically bought it in a 'rush of blood' to 'improve my photography', but couldn't be bothered to get up to speed with it. I usually use Photoshop and don't bother cataloguing my photos.

Jim

Comment

No, seriously, Tim.

I was thinking about donating last night, so just donate £20 (say) and we're done.

I checked my computer to deregister it, but it looks like I've never registered it when I bought it. I basically bought it in a 'rush of blood' to 'improve my photography', but couldn't be bothered to get up to speed with it. I usually use Photoshop and don't bother cataloguing my photos.

Jim
                              You are too kind. Please send me your details to send some money to for p&p etc when you get 5.

Comment

Working...
                              X