• Show
Clear All

• For sale Olympus ED 70-300mm F4.0-5.6 Four thirds

PA160532.jpg

Re: Olympus ED 70-300mm F4.0-5.6 Four thirds

Price please?

Comment

I took this with mine and my old E520 amazingly it was 10 years ago now!

Hadn't used it for ages but gave it a whirl a few months ago on my EM1 mk2 and it worked pretty well so I decided to keep mine. Good luck with the sale.

Here's a recent EM1 mk2 shot

Last edited by Phill D; 19th October 2019, 07:57 PM. Reason: Added Em1 mk2 shot
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Comment

This really is lovely little lens, weighing only 420grams for a decent telephoto... I'm sooo tempted. This is the one U are selling right?
          https://www.ebay.com/p/99698251?iid=223614576522

Would U consider shipping it to New Zealand if I pay the additional shipping costs? Meanwhile I will find out about making payments to the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelica View Post
            This really is lovely little lens, weighing only 420grams for a decent telephoto... I'm sooo tempted. This is the one U are selling right?
            https://www.ebay.com/p/99698251?iid=223614576522

Would U consider shipping it to New Zealand if I pay the additional shipping costs? Meanwhile I will find out about making payments to the UK.
            Angelica, I have one of those lenses. It is a wonderful piece of equipment. But..... It has a 4/3 mount and so you will need an adapter, such as the MMF-3, to attach it to your camera. Secondly, the autofocus only works well on a camera which has Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF), such as the Olympus OM-D E-M1 (Mk I or Mk II or X) or the new E-M5 Mk III.
            Larry

Cameras: Olympus OM-D E-M1 II, Olympus OM-D E-M1 | Flash: Olympus FL-50R
            Lenses: Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm f/4.0 IS PRO, Olympus MMF-3 adaptor, Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm f2.8-4.0 SWD, Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-45mm 1:3.5-5.6, Olympus Zuiko Digital 40-150mm 1:3.5-4.5, Olympus Zuiko Digital 70-300mm 1:4-5.6, Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm f4.0-6.3 ASPH

Comment

Thanks for explaining... I didn't realize that 4/3 and micro four thirds needed an adapter... thought it was like full frame vs APS-C with other brands... simply a different crop factor!

Comment

With Oly the crop factor (2x) is the same for MFT and FT but the mount is entirely different. The advantage of MFT is that the lenses and bodies are smaller for a similar performance.
                David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

Comment

Hi, Grumps 1974
                    I would like to accept your offer if you are still interested
                    Many thanks
                    Russ

Comment

Hi Russ

Yes still interested but before we exchange details and money can you reassure me that this lens combined with your Olympus MMF-3 Four Thirds Lens to Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount Adapter will be fully compatible with my Olympus EM1 mk1.

I don’t want to buy it and find it does not work. LOL.

Comment

Hi, yes i can confirm that it work fine on an Em1 mark 1,being a four thirds lens the auto focus is not as fast as micro four thirds but works fine.
                        i have included i couple of snap taken with my Em1 mark 1 at 70mm and 300mm
                        PA240124.jpg
                        PA240125.jpg

Comment

Great. Let me have your details etc by private message and we can sort the formalities out.

Comment

private message sent

Comment

Interest on hold due to possibility moneybudgeted for lens required for urgent repairs.

Comment

Working...
                              X