EE1 dot sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED EE1 dot sight

I'm struggling with BIF and wondered if anyone has an EE1 dot sight they want to sell. I think I missed a couple for sale last month.

I am no longer looking for one as I took the plunge and bought one.
    Last edited by Eclairewilliams; 15th August 2017, 07:44 PM. Reason: No longer looking for one

Re: EE1 dot sight

Maybe an owner could tell just how useful these prove to be?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

I'd been wondering that too Ed as I also missed out on those previous sales.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Me to I sent a pm but was too late.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
        Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

I've found it very useful with the EM1V2 and the 300 on CAF low to maintain AF @ 10fps.
          Framing is a bit hit and miss close up due to the slight positional difference, but once it is set up it is very good. This is a bit of a crop but would have been tricky without the dot. I need to use it more!

Yellow Wagtail.

Stuff from Cuba
          More stuff from Cuba
          It all started here

Comment

Bump. anyone wanting to sell one? Thanks

Comment

It's not an EE-1, it's a rifle sight, but it's equipped with a hotshoe mount adapter and appears to do the job:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073WC8F57

Comment

Piers have you tried this out?

Comment

I haven't used it "in anger" yet, Phill, but it is well constructed, carefully packed, and impressive quality. I have fitted it to a camera and successfully adjusted red dot to match camera viewfinder, but cannot yet vouch for use for BIF, for example.

But for 1/4 the price of EE-1 ......

Piers

Comment

I actually have one of these currently on order and is meant to arrive today or monday - I'll give it a shot with birds in flight when it has arrived and get back to you all
                    Bailey

Em1ii, GX7, 12-40 Pro, 60mm Macro, 40-150 Pro, PanaLeica 100-400mm, Sigma 30mm f1.4 & 16mm f1.4 and more bags than I can shake a tripod at :/

www.taberham.co.uk

Comment

Definitely interested in how you get on Bailey.

Piers any update on yours?

Comment

I can see how this may help a beginner for BIF and for use on a gimbal I'm sure it would work well but having to hold the camera away from your head with say a 300 f4 I think it would be hard to use and get very heavy holding it like that.
                        Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by gphemy View Post
                          It's not an EE-1, it's a rifle sight, but it's equipped with a hotshoe mount adapter and appears to do the job:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073WC8F57
                          I got one of these on Friday, and decided to set it up today.

OBSERVATIONS:

Even when clamped tightly down on the hot shoe, it can still be moved slightly from side to side, (on the copy that I have) which on my 100-400 PanLeica renders it useless.

SOLUTION:

Make sure that the cross cut screws on the hot shoe attachment are very tight, and once locked down, push the whole unit to one side before making the sighting adjustment.

After this is done, it seems to work, but I still think that the Olympus one would be better.
                          Last edited by Shaw; 23rd October 2017, 07:44 AM.
                          Stewart

My Zenfolio Site
                          My Portfolio Site

Olympus: E-M1 Mk11 | PEN-F + ECG-4 | XZ-1 | Lumix: G9 | LX100
                          Zuiko: 40-150 Pro + MC-14 | 12-100 Pro | 7-14 Pro | 17 | 45 | 60 | OM 135
                          Leica: 100-400 | 12-60 Lumix: 12-32 Samyang: 7.5 fisheye

Comment

Originally posted by Shaw View Post
                            I got one of these on Friday, and decided to set it up today.

OBSERVATIONS:

Even when clamped tightly down on the hot shoe, it can still be moved slightly from side to side, (on the copy that I have) which on my 100-400 PanLeica renders it useless.
                            This is interesting - I'll see if my copy is the same when it arrives tomorrow. Thanks for posting the quick fix - now I'll know what to do if mine is also loose. I'm also hoping to use it with the PanLeica
                            Bailey

Em1ii, GX7, 12-40 Pro, 60mm Macro, 40-150 Pro, PanaLeica 100-400mm, Sigma 30mm f1.4 & 16mm f1.4 and more bags than I can shake a tripod at :/

www.taberham.co.uk

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X