Olympus FL-50R Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED Olympus FL-50R Flash

Anyone interested in parting with an Olympus FL-50R Flash at a reasonable price This is my favourite flash unit so I am determined to replace my now dead unit I have already posted a thread earlier asking for advice on the problem I am experiencing but I now think I will have to accept the demise of the flash

Re: Olympus FL-50R Flash

Originally posted by Hemlockwood View Post
    Anyone interested in parting with an Olympus FL-50R Flash at a reasonable price This is my favourite flash unit so I am determined to replace my now dead unit I have already posted a thread earlier asking for advice on the problem I am experiencing but I now think I will have to accept the demise of the flash

LCE 'Strand" has one ................

........ https://www.lcegroup.co.uk/Used/Olym...0R_120246.html

and so does LCE 'Norwich' ............

........ https://www.lcegroup.co.uk/Used/Olym...sh_143921.html

Simon
    “Sharpness is a bourgeois concept”
    ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Mine is now a spare (not for sale), as my 36R does much the same job, with much less weight. You might find the 36R suitable.

Harold
      The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Comment

I think you made the right choice as it has a greater ability with 4 batteries to start with & double the output of the FL36R. Mind you, it does look a little 'over the top' sitting on my Stylus 1 especially with holding the whole lot by the flash. But that was more just for the fun of it, trying it & not seriously what I would normally do with that camera.

EDIT: I didn't need to write all that as you knew that already anyhow.

Ross
          I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
          Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
          Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
          Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
          Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

It is excellent but rather large and heavy, not ideal for my macro use. I find the FL-300Rs works very well with it for multiple lighting setups, at least one in my macro shots.

Harold
            The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Harold Gough View Post
              It is excellent but rather large and heavy, not ideal for my macro use. I find the FL-300Rs works very well with it for multiple lighting setups, at least one in my macro shots.

Harold
              If you're in a large(ish) hall & want to use bounce flash then anything smaller than the FL50R is just not enough power (included the FL600R which in effect is similar in power to an FL36R).
              Ross
              I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
              Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
              Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
              Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
              Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

It could be worth sending your original FL-50R in for repair. I got an FL-50 (no R) as the bonus freebie with the E-1 and it did the same thing - worked for a bit and then suddenly overheated dramatically and refused to work at all. Because it was new, Oly repaired it under guarantee. And - touch wood, chew garlic, stroke rabbit's foot etc. - it has been fine ever since.

You could try talking to the helpful folks at Luton Camera Repair Services.

John

Comment

Working...
                X