Wide angle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED Wide angle

As its my birthday this month Im looking at treating myself to another lens, interested in 1 of the following 9-18 or the 11-22, any ideas what sort of price they are going for ?? and any recommendations
    E3, HLD-4, ED 14-45, ED 40 - 150, ED 70 - 300, 35 Macro, Zuiko 50 -1:8, EC14, FL36, i-shoot remote trigger, RM-CB1, T20, Lightroom 5, Elements 9, Slik 800G Deluxe, Jessops MP223 Monopod, Tamrac Expedition 3, Tamrac System 3. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ians-piccys/. Twitter @ian_double_one

Comment

Re: Wide angle

I have no experience of the 9-18 but I have the 11-22 and it is excellent. It is not often that I feel the need to go wider than 11mm and the 11-22 also has the advantage of weather sealing to match the E-1. As I say, I've not used the 9-18 but I once did a comparison between the 14-42 kit lens and the 14-54 Mk 1 and the HG glass definitely had a significant edge over the kit lens in resolution.

Ffordes have three secondhand 11-22 lenses listed but no 9-18s (http://www.ffordes.com/category/Lenses/4/3rds_Fitting

Comment

10-20 Sigma £210 excellent condition

+RMSD at cost.

BIG saving...and still a good lens... this one is mint!

Comment

I have a 9-18 I am going to sell - just not sure what the going rate is

edit: I thought I bought this lens on here but cannot find the thread if I did and cannot remember how much I paid for it. Anyway it's in great condition and going by the part ex-price I have been offered I would be after £235 ovno + rmsd if that is any use.

I bought it and have had it on the camera once to test (no issues at all). I have partially moved to a D800 which I will be using for any wide angle work now so it has to go.
          hearts at peace under an English heaven

Comment

I've owned both, and although the 11-22 is a beautiful lens, I found I just wasn't using it enough. I swapped to a 9-18 and I use it much more as its wider angle, and it's lighter in weight, and the quality is still pretty fantastic - what do you expect from any Olympus lens!

Up to you in the long run though!
            Cindy

Cameras: EM1 MK2 and Mk1, E-620, E-410, Om4Ti
            Lenses: 12-60, 50-200, Panny 100-400, 9-18, ZD 50mm, 14-54 Mk1, 70-300, 40-150, 14-42, OM 50mm F3.5 macro
            Also: EC14, EX25, FS35, Vanguard tripod, and far too many bags!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The air of heaven is that which flows between a horse's ears...."

Comment

I would look for both well under £300.

I sold my 9-18 for £245. This seems about fair, if you look at sold listings on ebay you'll see most are below £300, minus 10% for ebay. The 11-22 is actually priced around the same, as its not as wide as the 9-18 or as versatile as the 12-60. The last 11-22 auction actually ended at £205, which seems a bit low.

The 11-22, while a wide angle lens, is not really an ultra wide angle like the 9-18 or 7-14. The 2mm difference between 9mm and 11mm is actually huge.
              E-M1 mk II
              12mm f/2 | 17mm f/1.2 | 17mm f/1.8 | 25mm f1.8 | 45mm f1.8 | 9-18mm | 14-150mm

Comment

I purchased the 11-22 several years ago and never regretted it. It is the only zoom lens I own and I have no requirement or inclination to replace it with anything else. Sharpness and color are superb, and its not too big to carry around.
                visit my website www.photoark.co.uk

Comment

I have the 7-14mm, 11-22mm and 8mm Fisheye but the lens I use most is a m4/3 9-18mm on my EP-2 (the lens & body combined weigh less than the 7-14mm).

The 11-22mm is a lovely walk around lens and one of the best zooms Oly has ever made. But if it's wide you are after and on a budget go for the 9-18mm.

The 7-14mm is a beast to use, the curved front element does not take filters and preventing lens flare can be a nightmare.
                  Shes the main man in the office in the city
                  And she treats me like Im just another lackey
                  But I can put a tennis racket up against my face
                  And pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki

Half Man Half Biscuit

Comment

oh my god, decisions decisions, I will have to be nice to the wife this month and see how far the purse strings stretch, (and its not far with a Golfing Son and a Gymnast Daughter believe me )
                    E3, HLD-4, ED 14-45, ED 40 - 150, ED 70 - 300, 35 Macro, Zuiko 50 -1:8, EC14, FL36, i-shoot remote trigger, RM-CB1, T20, Lightroom 5, Elements 9, Slik 800G Deluxe, Jessops MP223 Monopod, Tamrac Expedition 3, Tamrac System 3. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ians-piccys/. Twitter @ian_double_one

Comment

The compact i had seen has gone but I will have to advertise my 9-18 soon if you are interested (or part ex it)
                      I would rather sell it here.
                      hearts at peace under an English heaven

Comment

Strange i was looking at prices and reviews for this lens myself only last night, do u need it for St.helens dream statue. Only joking
                        E-600

Comment

I have the 11-22 and it is an excellent lens es. for Landscapes - Nick has the 7-14 but that is "too much" for me
                          [I].
                          I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
                          Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Originally posted by MotoCroz View Post
                            Strange i was looking at prices and reviews for this lens myself only last night, do u need it for St.helens dream statue. Only joking
                            The only thing i need for "dream" is dynamite, waste of council tax money

Comment

I agree with Chevvy about the 11-22 it's a lovely lens and f2.8 too, which is good for indoor shots. It's really good at close ups too surprisingly enough, it just gives a lovely look to it's images.
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Working...
                              X