Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Photography in Public Places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photography in Public Places

Surely anyone wanting to take pictures which could be 'used' wouldn't be so daft as to use a camera.
    They would use a phone which is perfectly fine for any use, application, area, near schools, at private places, etc. etc. etc. you name it.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith-369 View Post
      Surely anyone wanting to take pictures which could be 'used' wouldn't be so daft as to use a camera.
      They would use a phone which is perfectly fine for any use, application, area, near schools, at private places, etc. etc. etc. you name it.
      Indeed. You could even pretend to be making a call whilst recording video. The quality of phone images and videos these days is pretty good too.
      ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Interesting comparison to the discussion last fall

https://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49445
        This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
          So then please answer my first question?

Are you suggesting that the sale of cameras and motor vehicles should be banned outright to protect 'vulnerable' individuals? That would certainly avoid any ambiguity.

Talk about the lowest common denominator.
          The way cars are used is very heavily regulated: driver training and licencing, age restrictions, car condition and roadworthiness, speed limits, traffic lights etc. I for one don't want that level of regulation around cameras, which are comparatively harmless devices. Few people if any are hurt or killed by photography (though I do realise someone might know of a scenario where a murderer found a victim by way of a photo innocently taken and shared by an innocent party).

Comment

https://youtu.be/y-6DijNE3Z0
            Olympus E-M10/12-50/Panny 100-300 + Sony A77,Sigma 17-70,Sigma 10-20,Tamron 90,Minolta 70-210,Tamron Sigma 100-300 F4,Tamron 17-50 F2.8,Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Fisheye,Sony HVL-F42 + Panny TZ25
            Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/shotokan101/
            RIA my Images

Comment

https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreute...ge=true&bhcp=1
              Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Again, and I have to say, If she had been using a phone camera to do the same thing, I bet they would have just walked on by.

So wrong the discrimination between cameras and phones. Both doing exactly the same thing.

Comment

Yes but if every photographer accepts this sort of treatmen then it only confirms (to them) that their behaviour is acceptable and justified....
                  Olympus E-M10/12-50/Panny 100-300 + Sony A77,Sigma 17-70,Sigma 10-20,Tamron 90,Minolta 70-210,Tamron Sigma 100-300 F4,Tamron 17-50 F2.8,Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Fisheye,Sony HVL-F42 + Panny TZ25
                  Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/shotokan101/
                  RIA my Images

Comment

Originally posted by RobEW View Post
                    The way cars are used is very heavily regulated: driver training and licencing, age restrictions, car condition and roadworthiness, speed limits, traffic lights etc. I for one don't want that level of regulation around cameras, which are comparatively harmless devices.
                    The use of motor vehicles is indeed very heavily regulated, but that doesn't stop law abiding drivers from being seen as public enemy number one for doing something that is still perfectly legal, and for which governments are very happy to collect all manner of taxes. The way things are going anyone using a proper camera in public will also be seen as any enemy of right minded people. Conforming to the irrational demands of jobsworth security guards and clueless coppers will do nothing to help.
                    ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post

All to often young inexperienced officers will say things which are intended to give them the position of authority. Sometimes what they say is incorrec

“Misrepresentation
                      An untrue statement of fact or law made by Party A (or its agent) to Party B, which induces Party B to enter a contract with Party A thereby causing Party B loss. An action for misrepresentation can be brought in respect of a misrepresentation of fact or

if a Police Officer or PCSO tells you to do something which they do not legally have the backing to do it would be an abuse of power, which falls under misconduct. Its not always inexperienced officers which get it wrong sometimes very experienced officers with the ‘Old school approach’ fall foul.
                      EM-1 MK1 - No website containing any of my photos until I'm good enough!

Comment

The real issue here is "providing information recklessly and without knowledge of the truth" (knowing that another party will make a decision based on that information).

I am not sure whether this is an offence as such, but in Contract Law any Contract signed as a result false or misleading information is voidable in law.
                        ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by RobEW View Post
                          The way cars are used is very heavily regulated: driver training and licencing, age restrictions, car condition and roadworthiness, speed limits, traffic lights etc. I for one don't want that level of regulation around cameras, which are comparatively harmless devices. Few people if any are hurt or killed by photography (though I do realise someone might know of a scenario where a murderer found a victim by way of a photo innocently taken and shared by an innocent party).
                          There have been quite a few deaths caused by people taking selfies just in front of dangerous animals/situations. Nearly all of these would presumably be with camera phones so perhaps they should be banned...
                          Mike
                          Compulsive photographic Dabbler.
                          Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Keith-369 View Post
                            Why is a mobile phone "perfectly fine" when a camera isn't? They are both cameras and both take photographs.

This is just an example of stupid, ignorant public attitude that a conventional camera in public is somehow different from a phone/camera. They BOTH take photographs!

This really annoys me

Steve
                            Old divers never die, they just go down on old wrecks
                            Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but bubbles
                            My website

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckdiver View Post
                              Why is a mobile phone "perfectly fine" when a camera isn't? They are both cameras and both take photographs.

This is just an example of stupid, ignorant public attitude that a conventional camera in public is somehow different from a phone/camera. They BOTH take photographs!

This really annoys me

Steve
                              I was being very tongue in cheek and extremely sarcastic when I said that. If you go back a little to my previous comments in this thread you might have realised that.

No harm done and no offence taken, I can see why you took it at face value. I should have finished my minor rant by using the qualifier "in the eyes of the authorities and most other people who are wont to complain"

Comment

Working...
                              X