Registering olympus cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registering olympus cameras

I need to register my EM1MK11, my scanner will not work so do i need to provide copies of receipts the time or just if i make a claim.

Re: Registering olympus cameras

Where did you buy it? I have bought most of my kit from London Camera Exchange and they are always happy to send me a copy of the receipt in a PDF file, which Oly are happy with.

John

Comment

Hi,

I have never had to supply receipts when I registered a Camera or a Lens.
      I believe you have to provide proof of purchase if you make a claim.

Dave

Comment

I have recently registered a product and did’nt have to provide a receipt

Comment

I don't remember being asked for a copy of the receipt on registering either. Good prompt actually as the last time I looked only half my kit was registered!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Thanks guys, i will go aheadthen, just didnt want to get half way through then not have what was needed.

Comment

Originally posted by mik View Post
              I need to register my EM1MK11, my scanner will not work so do i need to provide copies of receipts the time or just if i make a claim.

FWIW - I used to have to scan receipts for expenses on a flat bed - slow and boring. Times moved on and I discovered that a quick photograph with my iPhone was just as acceptable.
              Now I use an app called Scanable that automatically "finds" and photographs the receipt then perspective corrects it and improves the contrast to make it readable and makes multiples into a PDF.
              Worth it just to capture receipts for things on thermal paper which fades over time.

If you can't scan it you can always take a picture with your new camera for safekeeping
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/amcuk/

Comment

Working...
              X