P30 Pro - Unbelievable Quality!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P30 Pro - Unbelievable Quality!

I'm maybe easy pleased, but my Huawei P30 Pro arrived today, and the imaging is blowing me away!

OK, all my previous phones have been very middle of the road, with cameras to match, but this thing with Leica lenses, three separate cameras, plus ToF lens and AI is scary good. The wide lens is great to have, and the 5x optical zoom is stunning.

When this tech makes its way into the D-SLR world, a sensor a quarter of the size of m43 will be more than enough..... the best camera is the one you have with you, and I'll have this with me 100% of the time.

A few snaps from it.... obviously considerably resized, so the original image quality isn't there, but still shows what's possible.

The indoor one is with the wide angle setting.

The evening shot was taken about 8.30pm. It was basically dark. It's a hand held 6 second exposure @ ISO1600!

The two 'Costa' shots are showing the 'Normal' camera then the 5x optical zoom.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Re: P30 Pro - Unbelievable Quality!

Incredible. I need a phone upgrade so much look into the P30.
    Paul
    E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
    flickr
    Portfolio Site
    Instagram

Comment

Comment

Images look great, I have only recently upgraded and got the P20 pro, very impressed with its image quality , this looks even better!
        I like the fast aperture option Huawei gives you and I can see the zoom has improved and expanded on the P30 pro.
        Here is one I took on my P20 Pro on mothers day @F0.95, Can the P30 Pro go any faster than 0.95 out of interest?
        Regards
        Tim

Comment

I've been using the bog standard P20 which I pre ordered last year thanks to an offer of free Bose QC 30s.... Anyway, super happy with the photos from it. Couple of albums (mostly processed from raw):

https://flickr.com/photos/33337735@N...57689868399490
          https://flickr.com/photos/33337735@N...57695798253475

Since I bought it, software upgraded have greatly improved the OOC JPEGs.

Comment

Originally posted by timphoto1 View Post
            Images look great, I have only recently upgraded and got the P20 pro, very impressed with its image quality , this looks even better!

I like the fast aperture option Huawei gives you and I can see the zoom has improved and expanded on the P30 pro.

Here is one I took on my P20 Pro on mothers day @F0.95, Can the P30 Pro go any faster than 0.95 out of interest?

Regards

Tim

I think F1.6 is the widest aperture, but it does do up to ISO 409600..... [emoji33]

Comment

Yeah, it's wasn't cheap, but just got quite a lucrative new contract and thought I'd treat myself... [emoji4]

Comment

Comment

See if it zooms in on a small bird in the trees...……..
                  Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Regards,
                    Mark

------------------------------
                    http://www.microcontrast.com
                    Too much Oly gear.
                    Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
                    Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Yes, the images are really good - for a 'phone!

They seem to share a 'look' that I've seen on other phone images that my and my partner's daughters send (mostly using iPhones). They lack sparkle that even a modest M43 (say) camera can give with ease. Maybe it's because the image is degraded with incident light on the front element of the lens(es), owing to the lack of a lens hood?

Another huge downside for me is the dire battery life on phones. Reviews often give a high mark on a model because the battery lasts for all of two days without recharging! I've got a camera on my phone, but I don't think I've ever used it as I've always got my E-P5 with me.

Still, the P30 Pro is an extraordinary technical achievement!

Jim

Comment

Regards
                        Tim
                        This is presumably in aperture mode, which is a software simulation of DOF. The main camera is f1.8, and the B+W f1.6 max. Fun to play though.
                        Bruce

http://flickr.com/photos/bruce-clarke/

Comment

Bruce

http://flickr.com/photos/bruce-clarke/

Comment

Regards
                            Tim
                            I've now had a look at that image on my desktop screen, and while it seemed OK on my phone, the band of focus across the image looks seriously weird, as does the cliff edge fall-off in focus on either side of it.

Not going anywhere near that for now, thanks: I'm sure it's only a matter of time, though.
                            Regards,
                            Mark

------------------------------
                            http://www.microcontrast.com
                            Too much Oly gear.
                            Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
                            Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

One thing I’ve noticed about Huawei and focal plane thingies.... I’ve long suspected they sometimes use both lenses at once to try and ape the results you get from larger format cameras....

Comment

Working...
                              X