So how Polycamerous are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how Polycamerous are you?

To borrow a word first used in the banned by dpreview thread, how polycamerous are you? I'll start:

- My main system is Micro Four Thirds, currently all Olympus with the exception of the Panasonic 14 and 20mm lenses.
    - I also have a modest Sony A7II kit (24-70, 50mm f1.8 and 28mm f2).
    - And a mk i Ricoh GR I picked up off eBay.
    - And a Fujifilm XF10 compact I picked up in Amazon's Boxing Day Fire sale (it's a seriously compromised beast and I don't consider it worth more than I paid for it).

After Olympus, my favourite is surely the GR.

Re: So how Polycamerous are you?

I'm almost completely monocamerous. Olympus OM2n inherited from my father, then I had a Minolta DImage Z1 - a kind of bridge camera with a 10x zoom, then didn't do much until a couple of years ago, and decided to try being a hobby photographer and got into Oly M43: E-M5 & E-M1 (& now Mark ii) ... including M43 and FT lenses. I think the system is good enough for my purposes.

Comment

I'm not sure whether it is safe to post here whilst SWMBO is in the house.

I will be back in a bit.
      ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post

I will be back in a bit.

Chicken !!

Jax

Comment

These days it's just my olympi and phone, but in the past I have used many from boots birette through Zenith's, Pentax's, Fujifilm etc.

I'm firmly of the opinion that there is no bad mainstream system, just what works best for you.

Regards
          Andy
          My Kit (OK I'm a hoarder...)
          4/3 E500, E510, E30 + 35macro, 50macro, 7-14, 11-22, 14-45 (x2), 14-54, 40-150 (both types), 50-200, 70-300, 50-500,
          m 4/3 EM1MkII + 60 macro, 12-100 Pro
          FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
          The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
          http://www.shenstone.me.uk
          http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
          https://vimeo.com/shenstone
          http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/

Comment

I will be back in a bit.
            Don't worry, many others won't answer the question either, not when there's a chance their Psychiatrist is on line.
            Steve

on flickr

Comment

Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

I have my Olympus for my travel camera (either on planes, or trains)

and my Nikon full frame for my times when I go out in the car

and my Sony phone when hubby springs a surprise detour and I dont have a camera with me.

I find I am using the Oly more than the Nikon these days.
                  Tracey Jones

Its a shame that humans dont come with autofocus, like cameras do!

Comment

OK, lets get down to it, in date order.

Kodak Retina 1a, my first proper camera bequeathed to me by my uncle about 45 years ago. Sadly the Praktica that accompanied it is long gone, and is probably 'jamming' in camera heaven;

2 x Pentax ME Super; one silver and one black. Now occasionally used by my son;

2 x Olympus OM4Ti Black and OM2 Sp, These occasionally get outings with a roll of FP4 or HP5 in them, but not as often as they deserve. They are still a pleasure to use but medium format spoils you for anything else;

Minolta Dimage 5400 II Film Scanner.

Olympus E1. Resolution and noise is poor by today's standards, but colour is still remarkable in good light.

Mamiya 645 Pro TL outfit. I bought this shortly after buying my E1 back in 2004, taking advantage of the rock bottom prices at the time. It seems to have been a good investment and is great for landscapes.

Canon PowerShot G12.

Nikon LS9000C Film Scanner.

2 x OM-D E-M5 Mk1.

OM-D EM1 Mk1.

Mamiya RZ67 Pro II. I bought this with a 110 mm 'standard' lens to scratch a certain medium format itch, not expecting to extend the outfit any further. I can only say that the lens compliment has grown since.

Pony Premo II 5" x 4" plate camera, given to me recently. I have yet to put any film through it.

I cannot think of any others at the moment.
                    ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

I'm pretty monocamerous - E-M1ii plus Pen-F. I recently bought an LX100 to give that a try but I don't see it lasting. Oh, I have an OM-1 too, but can't remember the last time I put film through it (but I do stroke it occasionally!).
                      Paul
                      E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
                      flickr
                      Portfolio Site
                      Instagram

Comment

2 x E-M1ii used for 90% of my images: mostly wildlife, street, events, rugby and motorsports, with a bit of landscape. I carry both bodies when I’m using the 300 on one and 40-150 on the other.

Fuji X70 for slip in the pocket, high quality street and travel shooting. Sometimes taken along as a backup when travelling.

Sony A7S for low-light street photography and using my small collection of classic 35mm film lenses on adapters at native crop.

An E-M10ii with a full spectrum conversion, currently mainly used with a 720nm filter for IR.

That’s it.
                        Regards,
                        Mark

------------------------------
                        http://www.microcontrast.com
                        Too much Oly gear.
                        Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
                        Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

I will be back in a bit.
                          Man or Mouse Nigel...………….

I use my Em1 2 90% of the time. If I fancy a swim, its the TG-5. Just recently, I have dug out my Sony Handycam, which is a really good video camera. Have to say I reckon its better, perhaps easier to use than the Em1 2... for video.

I still have my Pentax P30, which gathers dust, and my really old Twin lens reflex, Yashica g24, which does not see daylight...……..

Edit. I see you have now come out. NN…:-)
                          Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

OM-10, OM-1n, OM-2n, OM-4, 2x OM-4Ti, XA, 35-RC, 35-ED, E-M5 mkI, Pen-F, XZ-10, Zero 2000 Pinhole.

The last one is the cuckoo in the nest

If I had to choose just one of the film cameras it would be the OM-2n. A thing of beauty - Maitani was a genius.
                            Regards
                            Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Otto View Post
                              If I had to choose just one of the film cameras it would be the OM-2n. A thing of beauty - Maitani was a genius.
                              Do you use it?
                              Analogue cameras need their exercise, even if only to cycle the shutter through the range, firing blanks.
                              Steve

on flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X