Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flickr and exif

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Flickr and exif

    Hi folks

    I have recently noticed on Flickr, I can no longer see the exif data in my photos in how the camera was set up for the shot: ISO, shutter speed, aperture, etc, etc, I recently carried out a full reset in camera. Could this be the problem?

    Please advise.
    All the best

    Phil
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/gatekeeperphil/44A3Dc

  • #2
    Re: Flickr and exif

    Not sure Phil but I do know that as I still use Win7 and Internet explorer Flickr has stopped doing a lot of things. Cant see albums or individual images at the moment! Just made the jump to Win10 though so hopefully it will work properly once I get used to the new system.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Flickr and exif

      Phil, can you see exif in Flickr on your old photos, and are you using a phone + app or a web browser on a PC/Mac?
      If you can see old exif but not recent, is there an option on the uploader to exclude exif?
      Best Regards
      Bill

      The nearest I have to a home page.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
      They're Watching You!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Flickr and exif

        Originally posted by Phill D View Post
        Not sure Phil but I do know that as I still use Win7 and Internet explorer Flickr has stopped doing a lot of things. Cant see albums or individual images at the moment! Just made the jump to Win10 though so hopefully it will work properly once I get used to the new system.
        Flickr no longer supports IE11. In fact Microsoft itself advises users to ditch IE as it hasn't been supported by them for a while and, because of that, is vulnerable to attack.

        To continue using Flickr you will have to download and use another browser. Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Microsoft's Edge are fully supported by Flickr.

        I am still on Win7 and use both Firefox and Chrome with no problems whatsoever.

        Hope that helps

        Keith

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Flickr and exif

          Originally posted by Gate Keeper View Post
          Hi folks

          I recently carried out a full reset in camera. Could this be the problem?

          Please advise.
          No - the images will still contain EXIF data unless you or your software have removed it.

          I haven't used Flickr for a while but EXIF is missing from my images that have been up there for ages and it used to be displayed - perhaps they've limited it to Pro users under the new regime?

          UPDATE: There's quite a long thread about the problem here: https://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en...7704358359291/
          Steve

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Flickr and exif

            Just looked at your Baby Ibis photo taken recently, the Show Exif button reveals the exif data, but the normal default view showing camera, lens aperture etc. isn't viewable.
            It is on your older photos.
            Have you changed the way you upload them; like you, I'm a Pro account holder
            Best Regards
            Bill

            The nearest I have to a home page.
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
            They're Watching You!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Flickr and exif

              Looks like it will be Edge and or Chrome in future. Thanks Keith.
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Flickr and exif

                Yep it looks like Flickr works fine in Chrome as does this forum.
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Flickr and exif

                  Originally posted by Phill D View Post
                  Not sure Phil but I do know that as I still use Win7 and Internet explorer Flickr has stopped doing a lot of things. Cant see albums or individual images at the moment! Just made the jump to Win10 though so hopefully it will work properly once I get used to the new system.
                  Hi Phill

                  Thank you Phill. I am Mac OS and looked at Steve's link to the blog about the problem on FlickR. There was a big write up about it 2 months ago. The last entry said that if one requests your data in your settings, it will resolve the problem. Apparently it has also been a problem for subscribers to Pro as well as non Pro members. So I visited the settings page and pressed the submit feature for my data. I received an automatic reply saying my data will be emailed to me and the email could take some time to come through. I await in anticipation.
                  All the best

                  Phil
                  https://www.flickr.com/gp/gatekeeperphil/44A3Dc

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Flickr and exif

                    Originally posted by Phill D View Post
                    Yep it looks like Flickr works fine in Chrome as does this forum.
                    Thank you Phill, I have not tried it on Chrome, but will do so.
                    All the best

                    Phil
                    https://www.flickr.com/gp/gatekeeperphil/44A3Dc

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Flickr and exif

                      Originally posted by peak4 View Post
                      Phil, can you see exif in Flickr on your old photos, and are you using a phone + app or a web browser on a PC/Mac?
                      If you can see old exif but not recent, is there an option on the uploader to exclude exif?
                      Thank you Bill, yes the older photos still has the camera exif. I find it useful having the exif on display. I use it as an educational tool, as I know when some of the more experienced members are viewing my photos, they can see where I am going wrong with my camera and it saves me the time in posting the settings up.

                      On checking the account settings, I have ticked the box to include the exif data.
                      All the best

                      Phil
                      https://www.flickr.com/gp/gatekeeperphil/44A3Dc

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Flickr and exif

                        Originally posted by raichea View Post
                        No - the images will still contain EXIF data unless you or your software have removed it.

                        I haven't used Flickr for a while but EXIF is missing from my images that have been up there for ages and it used to be displayed - perhaps they've limited it to Pro users under the new regime?

                        UPDATE: There's quite a long thread about the problem here: https://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en...7704358359291/
                        Thank you for the link Steve, it is a big help. From reading the blog on it, both Pro and non Pro subscribers were affected. The admin comment on the blog: the problem has been identified and staff are working on a solution, another admin comment was that it is a display issue.
                        All the best

                        Phil
                        https://www.flickr.com/gp/gatekeeperphil/44A3Dc

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Flickr and exif

                          Originally posted by Keith-369 View Post
                          Flickr no longer supports IE11. In fact Microsoft itself advises users to ditch IE as it hasn't been supported by them for a while and, because of that, is vulnerable to attack.

                          To continue using Flickr you will have to download and use another browser. Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Microsoft's Edge are fully supported by Flickr.

                          I am still on Win7 and use both Firefox and Chrome with no problems whatsoever.

                          Hope that helps

                          Keith
                          Hi Keith, thank you for thinking about the problem. I am on Mac OS, all devices and use Chrome and Safari. But I will certainly try Chrome. Thank you very much for the solution.
                          All the best

                          Phil
                          https://www.flickr.com/gp/gatekeeperphil/44A3Dc

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Flickr and exif

                            Originally posted by Phill D View Post
                            Looks like it will be Edge and or Chrome in future. Thanks Keith.
                            Originally posted by Gate Keeper View Post
                            Hi Keith, thank you for thinking about the problem. I am on Mac OS, all devices and use Chrome and Safari. But I will certainly try Chrome. Thank you very much for the solution.
                            You're both very welcome.

                            I hope it may solve problems others are having.

                            Keith

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Flickr and exif

                              Originally posted by Keith-369 View Post
                              You're both very welcome.

                              I hope it may solve problems others are having.

                              Keith
                              Unfortunately it doesn't help much at work (where IT installed IE11 & we can't just install something else). But perhaps I have some better reasons for asking to have a real browser installed!
                              Mike
                              Compulsive photographic Dabbler.
                              Flickr

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X