Tamron 350mm Catadioptric Lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamron 350mm Catadioptric Lens

This is about neither an Olympus camera nor an Olympus lens but I thought it might be of some interest. I got involved in a topic about the lens in another forum. My images are under the nickname e6filmuser.

http://forum.mflenses.com/tamron-sp-...ns-t80222.html

Harold
    The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Re: Tamron 350mm Catadioptric Lens

Thanks for the prompt, I must dig mine out of the cabinet and have a play again.
    I do find myself struggling to nail the focus with it, or I did last time I tried.
    Obviously better in bright lighting, but then my photochromic glasses kick in, so I find it hard to see the image in the viewfinder.
    OK I can re-set the viewfinder so I can focus on it without my glasses, but then I can't see the bird to work out which way to point the camera; bit of a catch 22 really. I've even been struggling with snowy landscapes today for the same reason.
    Best Regards
    Bill

The nearest I have to a home page.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
    They're Watching You!

Comment

Originally posted by peak4 View Post
      Thanks for the prompt, I must dig mine out of the cabinet and have a play again.
      I do find myself struggling to nail the focus with it, or I did last time I tried.
      Obviously better in bright lighting, but then my photochromic glasses kick in, so I find it hard to see the image in the viewfinder.
      OK I can re-set the viewfinder so I can focus on it without my glasses, but then I can't see the bird to work out which way to point the camera; bit of a catch 22 really. I've even been struggling with snowy landscapes today for the same reason.
      I though polaroids were bad enough with viewfinders!

I always leave my viewfinder set for distance viewing so I can see my subject by looking around the camera.

Harold
      The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Harold Gough View Post
        I though polaroids were bad enough with viewfinders!

I always leave my viewfinder set for distance viewing so I can see my subject by looking around the camera.

Harold
        I set mine the same; when I predict a problem, on very rare occasions, I remember to take my non-photochromic safety glasses.

The trouble is that with a bit of exercise, especially in cold weather, they steam up due to the lack of air flow.
        I guess the only real answer is contact lenses, but I've never tried them.
        Best Regards
        Bill

The nearest I have to a home page.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
        They're Watching You!

Comment

Working...
        X