Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Fish eye v Wide angle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fish eye v Wide angle

Mike what sort of focal length do you think you can get with that converter on the 14-42 lens?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
      Mike what sort of focal length do you think you can get with that converter on the 14-42 lens?
      Hi Phill, As I recall, it was described as '0.42X' which equates to 5.9 mm when on a 14 mm lens. This seems to agree with the results I get, since the image circle lies wholly within the MFT sensor frame, whereas my 6.5 mm Meike is clipped slightly at top and bottom. On a zoom lens, you can also choose to go for the 'full frame fisheye' effect, as well.

There was a label inside the lens cap of the Panagor that recommended to stop down to f/16 for best results - I say 'was' because my own cap is now somewhere on the bottom of the Yangtse river

They do seem to crop up on eBay quite often but I have no idea how the quality compares with other versions.
      Mike
      visit my Natural History Photos website:
      http://www.botanicdesign.co.uk/Natur...story/home.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
        I sold my Samyang 7.5mm

I'm thinking of getting the 7.5mm f/2.8 from 7Artizans.

Anyone tried one ?
        A little late perhaps, but I came across this....[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcrXxgy4GH8"]7Artisans 7.5mm f/2.8 fisheye lens review (vs Samyang/Rokinon/Bower) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
          I sold my Samyang 7.5mm

I'm thinking of getting the 7.5mm f/2.8 from 7Artizans.

Anyone tried one ?
          Since your post in February, I have bought one. Can't compare it as I have no other to look at.

However, I am pleased with it, it gets good write ups. I have post several of the pictures taken with it on the forum............

Mj
          Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

If you can justify it, the Oly 8mm f1.8 FE is an amazing lens. AF is actually a useful addition. For landscapes the DOF will be enormous, but this isn't the case when shooting closer.

The nice thing about the Oly though is the f1.8. It's as sharp wide open at f1.8 as the Samyang is at f3.5. It's a big help for indoor and astro shooting.
            Paul
            E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
            flickr
            Portfolio Site
            Instagram

Comment

Working...
            X