ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate

Having been stuck now for a while with LR6 Classic with no further updates to come and not wishing to stick with Adobe's offerings, I have been looking around for a replacement.

I first trialed ACDSee around three or four years ago and thought it looked promising then but not yet good enough to compete with LR and PS so uninstalled it. However I decided to try the latest version of their top-of-the-range suite a few days ago (30 day free trial) and I am mightily impressed so far. The image rendering from RAW is way better than LR (at least with ORF files) and the sheer range of tools, filters, treatments and tricks is astounding. I no longer need the plug ins of Nik, Topaz etc.

Still early days, but whilst it is maybe not quite so intuitive as LR it more than makes up for that in its flexibility.

Re: ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate

I have this software and I love it. It does everything I want (catalogue and decent processing) AND theres no subscription.

I had a few weeks off work following surgery and tried many options and found this is the software most suited to my needs...

I'm glad I'm not the only one
    Tracey Jones

Its a shame that humans dont come with autofocus, like cameras do!

Comment

I am considering purchasing the yearly subscription as it includes all future updates.

Incidentally, how do you get on with the print module?

Comment

I havent used the print side of things. I tend to use it for catalogue and processing only.

I will upgrade eventually, but not for a few years.
        Tracey Jones

Its a shame that humans dont come with autofocus, like cameras do!

Comment

No idea what its like, but must have the corniest name out of all the photo editing software packages.
          Is the develop section named Whole Lotta Rawsie

Comment

A close run thing between it and Raw Therapee .
            Regards
            Richard

Comment

Working...
            X