E-M1X Lightroom & Windows 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-M1X Lightroom & Windows 8.1

I went to upload the E-M1X files from card to Lightroom, only to get message saying files couldn't be read. I thought maybe the Camera Raw converter or Lightroom needs updating.
    Opened Creative Cloud checked for updates and allowed it to update. Still wouldn't open the files.
    I did some research to find out Adobe doesn't support updates on Windows 8.1.

So to be able to use Raw files with Lightroom on my desktop I had to upgrade to Windows 10. I'm used to 10 as it is on my laptop and we use it at work.
    So I went throught the long winded process of upgrading to 10. Followed by the process of updating Lightroom, Camera Raw and Photoshop. I can now import my E-M1X raw files.

I know I can import the files with Olympus Workspace, but having used Photoshop and Lightroom for so long I don't really want to start learning new software. Besides I pay for CC.

Anybody else had this issue.
    Derek

www.dncphotography.co.uk

Re: E-M1X Lightroom & Windows 8.1

The continuous “improvement” that drives the sale of new hardware...

I have a W8 pc that is sitting idle because of the very things you describe.

It’s not much better with Apple, as I have Apps that no longer run on the updated OS.

Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

I have photoshop elements 19, works fine with raw files from my EM1 mark 2.

Wont recognise raw files from the EM1X, whats worse Adobe isn't updating the programme to enable this.

So for EM1X raw files I am having to use Olympus work space.

Comment

Originally posted by royd63uk View Post
        I have photoshop elements 19, works fine with raw files from my EM1 mark 2.

Wont recognise raw files from the EM1X, whats worse Adobe isn't updating the programme to enable this.

So for EM1X raw files I am having to use Olympus work space.
        That's pretty bad luck. The Oly Workspace is less than a favourite of mine.

Also do wonder why these RAW files differ from camera to camera. especially as two so closely related. Can there not be standard format?

Kinda slows me down on my ambition to own the X...……...
        Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

yeah, cant understand why the different format between EM1 and M1X as the image quality is supposed to be the same?

Oly workspace is a slow procedure I think.

Also so much for purchasing products from Adobe, not future proof.

Comment

Capture One Pro has support for the E-M1X, but not the high res modes. I suppose that's better than nothing.

See here: https://www.captureone.com/en/featur...ported-cameras
            Larry

Cameras: Olympus OM-D E-M1 II, Olympus OM-D E-M1 | Flash: Olympus FL-50R
            Lenses: Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm f/4.0 IS PRO, Olympus MMF-3 adaptor, Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm f2.8-4.0 SWD, Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-45mm 1:3.5-5.6, Olympus Zuiko Digital 40-150mm 1:3.5-4.5, Olympus Zuiko Digital 70-300mm 1:4-5.6, Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm f4.0-6.3 ASPH

Comment

Too pricey for me

Comment

To process my EM1-X files I use Adobe DNG Converter to get a DNG file and then process them using Photoshop CS6 in Windows 8.

Comment

Thank you that works and is quicker, I wonder if info is lost during the process though?

Comment

Don't think so - if you use lightroom to make panoramas it leaves DNG files in the folder which are gigantic, on a par with uncompressed TIFF files.
                    I think all images are converted to DNG internally (for lightroom at least) to work on and it contains everything in the ORF in a form Adobe can work with.
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/amcuk/

Comment

Originally posted by johneth View Post
                      To process my EM1-X files I use Adobe DNG Converter to get a DNG file and then process them using Photoshop CS6 in Windows 8.
                      I can see how that would work, but as I pay for Adobe CC I want a complete solution.
                      It is sorted now with all programs updated. I do really only use Lightroom to download from cards and catalogue the files. The files can be sorted and selected then processed in Photoshop.
                      Derek

www.dncphotography.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by AMc View Post
                        Don't think so - if you use lightroom to make panoramas it leaves DNG files in the folder which are gigantic, on a par with uncompressed TIFF files.
                        I think all images are converted to DNG internally (for lightroom at least) to work on and it contains everything in the ORF in a form Adobe can work with.
                        My understanding is that the .dng file is the RAW file plus the sidecar data file combined to make them portable....

Comment

Working...
                        X