Adobe updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe updates

Photoshop CC, Lightroom Classic and Camera Raw have updates this morning.
    Stewart

My Zenfolio Site
    My Portfolio Site

Olympus: E-M1 Mk11 | PEN-F + ECG-4 | XZ-1 | Lumix: G9 | LX100
    Zuiko: 40-150 Pro + MC-14 | 12-100 Pro | 7-14 Pro | 17 | 45 | 60 | OM 135
    Leica: 100-400 | 12-60 Lumix: 12-32 Samyang: 7.5 fisheye

Re: Adobe updates

Updated Lightroom, and have spent 5 hours on support chat and phone trying to get it to work!

Currently got Lightroom running but it won't open any catalogues...

May have to re-import everything to create new catalogues
    I didn’t get where I am today....

Comment

Originally posted by Walti View Post
      Updated Lightroom, and have spent 5 hours on support chat and phone trying to get it to work!

Currently got Lightroom running but it won't open any catalogues...

May have to re-import everything to create new catalogues
      That's a bummer!
      Imported and working without any problem on Mac.
      Due to our remote location and terribly slow broadband, I used a calendar, rather than a watch to time the download.
      Stewart

My Zenfolio Site
      My Portfolio Site

Comment

Originally posted by Shaw View Post
        That's a bummer!
        Imported and working without any problem on Mac.
        Due to our remote location and terribly slow broadband, I used a calendar, rather than a watch to time the download.
        I'm on mac too...

Spent over an hour on the phone to Apple to even get Lightroom to open after Adobe gave up!

Comment

I'm on mac too...

Spent over an hour on the phone to Apple to even get Lightroom to open after Adobe gave up!
          According to PetaPixel, the update was pulled offline, shortly after being announced, and was reinstated later on. I wonder if some bugs have remained on the release.

P.S. I am on MacOS Mojave.
          Stewart

My Zenfolio Site
          My Portfolio Site

Comment

Originally posted by Shaw View Post
            According to PetaPixel, the update was pulled offline, shortly after being announced, and was reinstated later on. I wonder if some bugs have remained on the release.

P.S. I am on MacOS Mojave.
            Well, Whatever the issue, I'm currently without a working system... The app will load but not read any of my catalogue files...

Adobe have been online for 3 hours trying to fix it and no progress yet.

They have taken a whole stack of diagnostic data from the computer and will get back to me tomorrow!

The good thing is that the library is intact, so nothing lost, but it looks like a rebuild of the database is needed.

Comment

Worked OK for me as well I am on a Mac running MacOS Mojave.

Adobe don't have a good reputation for doing updates though.
              Dave

My Flickr

Comment

OK for me on my 2010 Mac Pro and 2017 Macbook Pro, both with metal support.

On latest MacOS as of this date ie 10.14.6 (level not date)
                This space for rent

Comment

I spent a total of 8.5 hours on the support systems with Adobe and Apple yesterday, they are obviously experiencing problems as it's just taken the best part of an hour to get through the Triage system and transferred to the Lightroom team, who haven't answered yet!

My iMac is running 10.14.6, so is up to date and all seems to be an uphill battle with Adobe to get any sense out of them!

Comment

I spent a total of 8.5 hours on the support systems with Adobe and Apple yesterday, they are obviously experiencing problems as it's just taken the best part of an hour to get through the Triage system and transferred to the Lightroom team, who haven't answered yet!

My iMac is running 10.14.6, so is up to date and all seems to be an uphill battle with Adobe to get any sense out of them!
                    My iMac is running 10.14.6, so is up to date and all seems to be an uphill battle with Adobe to get any sense out of them![/QUOTE]

What model iMac do you have, its working fine on my 2017 27" running MacOS 10.14.6.

This might be a time to completely uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud, Uninstall Lightroom and Uninstall Photoshop. using the three separate uninstall apps that are listed in the Application menu. Then start from scratch and download them all again. As long as you have a backup of your catalogue you wont lose any pictures, also make sure you have your Adobe CC login details.

Quicker than talking to Adobe for 8 hours.
                    Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by wornish View Post
                      What model iMac do you have, its working fine on my 2017 27" running MacOS 10.14.6.

This might be a time to completely uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud, Uninstall Lightroom and Uninstall Photoshop. using the three separate uninstall apps that are listed in the Application menu. Then start from scratch and download them all again. As long as you have a backup of your catalogue you wont lose any pictures, also make sure you have your Adobe CC login details.

Quicker than talking to Adobe for 8 hours.[/QUOTE]

That's my option for the weekend, do a complete refresh.

My iMac is the model before yours so should run everything just fine (especially as I upgraded the drive to an SSD...)

I'm working patiently through the support, but am likely to give up soon as they really aren't helping at all!

They had a copy of my catalogue and repaired it yesterday... made no difference!

Comment

Do you do Time Machine back-up's, if so could you go back to an earlier back-up before Lightroom update and re-update.

Comment

Originally posted by pault View Post
                          Do you do Time Machine back-up's, if so could you go back to an earlier back-up before Lightroom update and re-update.
                          No I got very frustrated at that working poorly that I binned it -I use iCloud as an instant back up.

Comment

I've "rolled back" to V8.3.1 and all works OK...

Discussed on the Lightroom Queen Forum and now the Adobe support forum as well!

Still no resolution to the issue, and when you contact Adobe, they're obviously overworked - so I guess I'm not alone with problems!

Comment

I've "rolled back" to V8.3.1 and all works OK...

Discussed on the Lightroom Queen Forum and now the Adobe support forum as well!

Still no resolution to the issue, and when you contact Adobe, they're obviously overworked - so I guess I'm not alone with problems!

Comment

Working...
                              X