Olympus Workspace - Creative Modes Seem to Be Missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympus Workspace - Creative Modes Seem to Be Missing

All the stuff from the Creative Dial on the front of the Pen F seems to be missing. Is this because it is genuinely missing or am I missing something?

Re: Olympus Workspace - Creative Modes Seem to Be Missing

Would it be in the Picture Mode list or the Art Filter & Colo(u)r Filter lists in Oly Workspace?

BTW, I do like those Colo(u)r Filters!
    Ross
    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
    Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
    Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
      Would it be in the Picture Mode list or the Art Filter & Colo(u)r Filter lists in Oly Workspace?

BTW, I do like those Colo(u)r Filters!
      I’ve checked both. What comes under that front dial of the Pen F seems to correspond to a second, different JPEG engine. The colour is good, but the monochrome is noisy. As far as I can tell, none of this is supported in Workspace.

Comment

Originally posted by Internaut View Post
        I’ve checked both. What comes under that front dial of the Pen F seems to correspond to a second, different JPEG engine. The colour is good, but the monochrome is noisy. As far as I can tell, none of this is supported in Workspace.
        I went & found a PEN-F raw file (ORF) to check & Picture Mode in OWS doesn't have Color Profile listed as it has it separately as Adjust Color instead. Monochrome Profile is still listed under Picture Mode though (as well as Monotone).

See the two here with OV3 overlaid on the left with OWS on the right.

OV3 Color Profile+OWS Adjust Color..jpg

Adjust Vignetting in OWS is separate under the colour palette icon (beneath Art Filters & Color Filter).

If you say the monochrome is noisy it may be just the display not giving you the full resolution as it sometimes does to me, but I just export & save the JPEG & all is fine. Also, I had to disable the GPU in the options for the display to work OK on my Win7 laptop.

Is the above what you were talking about, because I found everything in OWS (but in different locations) that was in OV3 pertaining to the PEN-F settings as far as I can tell?

Ross
        Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.

Comment

I went & found a PEN-F raw file (ORF) to check & Picture Mode in OWS doesn't have Color Profile listed as it has it separately as Adjust Color instead. Monochrome Profile is still listed under Picture Mode though (as well as Monotone).

See the two here with OV3 overlaid on the left with OWS on the right.

[ATTACH]4892[/ATTACH]

Adjust Vignetting in OWS is separate under the colour palette icon (beneath Art Filters & Color Filter).

If you say the monochrome is noisy it may be just the display not giving you the full resolution as it sometimes does to me, but I just export & save the JPEG & all is fine. Also, I had to disable the GPU in the options for the display to work OK on my Win7 laptop.

Is the above what you were talking about, because I found everything in OWS (but in different locations) that was in OV3 pertaining to the PEN-F settings as far as I can tell?

Yes, that display partly corresponds to what is under colour profiles. The black and whites (front dial settings, nor the more traditional picture tone monochrome which is as nice as ever) are indeed noisy on any display. I donít know if thatís deliberate or just a consequence of the pushing and pulling done to achieve the effects.

Comment

Yes, that display partly corresponds to what is under colour profiles. The black and whites (front dial settings, nor the more traditional picture tone monochrome which is as nice as ever) are indeed noisy on any display. I don’t know if that’s deliberate or just a consequence of the pushing and pulling done to achieve the effects.
            It's only 'noisy' because the Film Grain Effect: is default at High. It can be selected to OFF if desired.

Monotone Profile.JPG
            Ross

Comment

It's only 'noisy' because the Film Grain Effect: is default at High. It can be selected to OFF if desired.

[ATTACH]4896[/ATTACH]
              Possibly I've not understood that setting of the camera. I'll check.

Comment

Possibly I've not understood that setting of the camera. I'll check.
                I can make those adjustments to raw files in post (wth OWS) from the E-M1 II as it has Monochrome Picture Mode (unlike the E-M1 only having Monotone which is restricted to that in OWS) but while the camera doesn't give me Grain options it is possible to select that in OWS still.
                Ross

Comment

So, we have two definitive known knowns. Firstly, OWS absolutely does not support the camera’s baked in creative modes, but gives you the tools to get close.

Second, I’ve solved the mystery of noisy OOC JPEGs. It is possible for SCP and menu settings to disagree somewhat. So while I had film grain set to off, in the menu, it was set to high in SCP. On this morning’s pre breakfast photo walk, I achieved nice, clean OOC JPEGs.

Comment

Working...
                  X