Affinity Photo Workbook launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affinity Photo Workbook launched

The long-awaited Affinity Photo Workbook is now available, and at a 25% discount for one week only. My copy is on order!

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/workbook/
    Regards
    Richard

Re: Affinity Photo Workbook launched

Mine too!
    Margaret

my Website ; my Flickr ; my Facebook

Comment

Mine has just arrived, surprisingly delivered by Amazon! Anyway, at first glance it looks very comprehensive and well produced. (As a user of Serif's PagePlus since version 1.0 I would have expected nothing less, their printed documentation has always been excellent.) There are helpful tear-out keyboard shortcut templates and the whole book is profusely illustrated with worked examples. Seems good value, like the software itself.
      Regards
      Richard

Comment

Thanks Otto its a wonderful piece of software and great price.

Regards

Tom
        "Who is watching the Watchers, watching the Watchers watching us"

Its not what you see, it's the way that you see it"

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/photofxstudios

Comment

I ordered a copy of the book on Sunday and received confirmation of my order. It said that the book is in stock and that I would receive an email when it is despatched. I haven't received an email yet but hopefully it shouldn't be too much longer. Could you track your order when it was in transit Richard?

Ron

Comment

I didn't get any tracking info, no, and I was surprised to find it delivered by Amazon!
            Regards
            Richard

Comment

Delivery was very fast. It's a beautifully produced book full of great projects to follow and learn from. Still on offer at 25% off if you hurry.
              https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/workbook/
              Steve
              My Flickr: https://flic.kr/ps/HRVVS

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something" - Steven Wright

Comment

I would be interested to hear from anybody who has received their copy of the book. How long was delivery after ordering? Also was it delivered by Royal Mail or a courier?

I ordered a copy on Monday 27th November and my credit card was charged on 29th. The order shows 'completed' on my Affinity account but I haven't heard anything from Affinity or received the book. I am beginning to suspect that something has gone wrong. I will wait a couple more days and then contact them.

Ron

Comment

Ordered mine last Tuesday- no sign of it yet.

David
                  The beauty of not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise and is not preceded by periods of anxiety

Comment

There's an increasingly lengthy thread on the Facebook Affinity Photo Tutorials group about delivery delays. One poster says Serif are currently restocking Amazon -I suspect demand is currently outstripping supply.
                    Regards
                    Richard

Comment

A couple of Facebook customers reported receiving their orders yesterday so hopefully other outstanding orders will be despatched quickly.

Incidentally, anyone else noticed how many of the sample pics in the videos are using the E-M1 II?
                      Regards
                      Richard

Comment

Mine was delivered by the postman on Friday. I received an email the previous day to say it had been dispatched and fortunately I was at home to receive it, saving a visit to the sorting office the next day.

The book looks good, although I haven't had the chance to look through it properly yet.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Otto View Post
                          A couple of Facebook customers reported receiving their orders yesterday so hopefully other outstanding orders will be despatched quickly.

Incidentally, anyone else noticed how many of the sample pics in the videos are using the E-M1 II?
                          James Ritson who wrote large parts of the book and does the official Affinity training videos is a long-time Olympus and Panasonic user.
                          Steve
                          My Flickr: https://flic.kr/ps/HRVVS

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something" - Steven Wright

Comment

Just reviving this thread. I wonder if anyone else shares my feelings of being completely underwhelmed by the book’s suggested projects? Stretched cheese, crafting beards, dissolving characters, portrait and landscape retouching of images that are ordinary at best. I realise that it’s the techniques utlilised that one can apply rather than the subject matter but nevertheless, I cannot see myself referring to the book often if at all.

David
                            The beauty of not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise and is not preceded by periods of anxiety

Comment

Surely the idea/goal of the book is to show you how process pictures to achieve a specific result. I think it does that. Its not meant to be a master class in creating some kind of show winning photograph.
                              Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X