Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Affinity Photo Version 1.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affinity Photo Version 1.6

Affinity have just announced their upgrade which is free of charge to existing users and for the next couple of weeks, they have also bundled some free add-ons.
    https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/?ut...h&mc=ADAP16LE1

David
    The beauty of not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise and is not preceded by periods of anxiety

Re: Affinity Photo Version 1.6

Yes, I received an email about it today. I will update it later and claim my free 'goodies'.

Ron

Comment

I downloaded and installed the update yesterday without any problems. However when I attempted to claim the free extras I was unable to log in to my account as it didn't recognise any of my passwords. When I followed the procedure to reset my password the email with the instructions didn't appear.

After a bit of research it seems that I don't have an account with Affinity, despite purchasing the application and receiving emails from them. It seems that I have to create a new account to claim the freebies.

I am not at home at the moment, so I haven't had a chance to try it yet but hopefully it will work. This only applies to Mac users, so it might be helpful to anyone else having a similar problem.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Olybirder View Post
        I downloaded and installed the update yesterday without any problems. However when I attempted to claim the free extras I was unable to log in to my account as it didn't recognise any of my passwords. When I followed the procedure to reset my password the email with the instructions didn't appear.

After a bit of research it seems that I don't have an account with Affinity, despite purchasing the application and receiving emails from them. It seems that I have to create a new account to claim the freebies.

I am not at home at the moment, so I haven't had a chance to try it yet but hopefully it will work. This only applies to Mac users, so it might be helpful to anyone else having a similar problem.

Ron
        Have you tried going to "Welcome" on the Help menu? There should be a link there to claim the freebies.

You may need a Support account which I think is separate from the store account.
        Steve
        My Flickr: https://flic.kr/ps/HRVVS

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something" - Steven Wright

Comment

Ron
          I had the same problem, but solved it by creating an Affinity Store account.
          Stewart

My Zenfolio Site
          My Portfolio Site

Olympus: E-M1 Mk11 | PEN-F + ECG-4 | XZ-1 | Lumix: G9 | LX100
          Zuiko: 40-150 Pro + MC-14 | 12-100 Pro | 7-14 Pro | 17 | 45 | 60 | OM 135
          Leica: 100-400 | 12-60 Lumix: 12-32 Samyang: 7.5 fisheye

Comment

I did follow the link from the Welcome screen but it asked for my password to log in to my account. The alternative was to create a new account, which I thought I didn't need to do. It seems that was my mistake.

Ron

Comment

Downloading. At least it's not a Monthly pay prog.
              * Henry
              * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

I did follow the link from the Welcome screen but it asked for my password to log in to my account. The alternative was to create a new account, which I thought I didn't need to do. It seems that was my mistake.

Ron
                I'm having that issue too. Despite the fact that I have an email and password for Affinity stored in my password manager, their site is resolutely refusing to let me login in to 'my account'.

Not only that, but to add insult to injury, there's a complete dearth of any "reset password here" option on the page, and it doesn't even tell you whether it thinks your email or your password are the wrong bit of the login.

Very bad UI design, if you ask me, for a company producing Designer software...

I sent them a helpful email pointing out this fact. ... They'll probably never let me login again.
                Margaret

my Website ; my Flickr ; my Facebook

Comment

Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Hi Margaret. I sent them an email describing my problem and, to their credit, they replied as follows (after I had resolved it with help from this thread):

'Are you using the Mac or Windows version of the app? If it is the Mac version you will have bought from the Apple Store so will not have an account with us just yet. You can create a new account by following the prompts under the 'New To Affinity' tab in the link in your Welcome screen.'

I created an account and was able to download the bonus items. I am not sure that it was worth the hassle though.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by MargaretR View Post
                      I'm having that issue too. Despite the fact that I have an email and password for Affinity stored in my password manager, their site is resolutely refusing to let me login in to 'my account'.

Not only that, but to add insult to injury, there's a complete dearth of any "reset password here" option on the page, and it doesn't even tell you whether it thinks your email or your password are the wrong bit of the login.

Very bad UI design, if you ask me, for a company producing Designer software...

I sent them a helpful email pointing out this fact. ... They'll probably never let me login again.
                      According to their forum, they have had some email issues which are responsible for similar problems.
                      Steve

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something" - Steven Wright

Comment

Can Affinity Photo use external programs like Nik Collection? If so, How can I insert it?

Found it. Under Edit,Preferences, Photoshop plugins, The search for the folder containing the NIK Collection. The select the whole folder.
                        * Henry
                        * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

The answer is a definite yes. Look for a video by Chris P Williams on YouTube, he is calm and knowledgeable. If I remember correctly, Nik creates a new layer when you use the plugin with Photoshop. In Affinity Photo, duplicate the layer you are converting first otherwise you will overwrite the original layer. Nik works fine on Affinity with one difference. If you crop a picture first then load the plugin, what you will see is the uncropped version which is odd. However, make your mods and after you revert to the cropped dimensions.

Maybe they sorted this in the latest version.

David
                          PS Make sure that the layer you are working on is selected otherwise the commands will be greyed out. Logical but useful to know
                          Last edited by Crazy Dave; 7th November 2017, 09:29 AM. Reason: Postscript
                          The beauty of not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise and is not preceded by periods of anxiety

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Dave View Post
                            The answer is a definite yes. Look for a video by Chris P Williams on YouTube, he is calm and knowledgeable. If I remember correctly, Nik creates a new layer when you use the plugin with Photoshop. In Affinity Photo, duplicate the layer you are converting first otherwise you will overwrite the original layer. Nik works fine on Affinity with one difference. If you crop a picture first then load the plugin, what you will see is the uncropped version which is odd. However, make your mods and after you revert to the cropped dimensions.

Maybe they sorted this in the latest version.

David
                            PS Make sure that the layer you are working on is selected otherwise the commands will be greyed out. Logical but useful to know
                            You still see the uncropped version in the latest release. However, Viveza now seems to work correctly which wasn' t the case at one time.
                            Steve

Comment

Hi Margaret. I sent them an email describing my problem and, to their credit, they replied as follows (after I had resolved it with help from this thread):

'Are you using the Mac or Windows version of the app? If it is the Mac version you will have bought from the Apple Store so will not have an account with us just yet. You can create a new account by following the prompts under the 'New To Affinity' tab in the link in your Welcome screen.'

I created an account and was able to download the bonus items. I am not sure that it was worth the hassle though.

Ron
                              Yes, I did the same in the end, given that I'd got the software via the Mac store. However, I DID have an email/password for the Affinity site already, and they obviously knew that as they were sending me email updates and news using it. Which I'll probably now get in stereo. But as you say, not sure it was worth all the hassle in the end.
                              Margaret

my Website ; my Flickr ; my Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X