exif editing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exif editing

okay folks...I think I have created an image worthy of putting into the E30 comp.Unfortunately it is a stitch of two images that has lost its exif data...so how can I take the data from one of the images I used and add it to the final image?
    TIA
    chris
    shetland

Re: exif editing

Well - in The GIMP.

Open one of the original images, resize to match your stiched image, in a seperate window open your stiched image, copy to clipboard, drop it onto your original image as a new layer and anchor/merge down. Save your now amended original image making sure to use an option which keeps the exif.

I suspect you can do the same thing in other software.

Nick
    Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
    www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

thanks Nick...that just worked in CS2...
      so that rule in the competition is out the window !
      should I submit one of my Fuji IR images.... nah if I get lucky I want to be honest
      chris
      shetland

Comment

Glad it worked - I came up with the workaround 'cos The GIMP doesn't handle exif in tif - and I needed the exif for another site when I dropped back into jpg.

exif has never been a proof of 'honesty', that's something in the character. I like to think most of us, like you, have got it.

Nick
        Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
        www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X