Olympus Viewer 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympus Viewer 3

Checking through Firmware updates I noticed that there was one for Viewer 3 (as well as Viewer2). I regularly use Viewer 2 but can't find any info on Viewer3.
    Does anyone know what differences there are between the two Viewers?
    Paul

Re: Olympus Viewer 3

That looks like a simple (but with RAW features) replacement program for the original Olympus Master 2. It obviously isn't available as a download program at this point but maybe it's coming with some new P&S cameras.
    Ross
    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
    Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
    Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Paul, I'm not sure that Shane is still at Olympus Australia or else he is on holidays, but it is far too quiet there with no official replies coming from anyone. Elaine has replied on twitter & made blog posts, but nothing in their forum.

(For the benifit of others here, the above query was posted on the very small Oly Aus forum site too without any response).
      Ross
      Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.

Comment

Yes Ross, this is by far a much more helpful forum.
        Paul

Comment

Found some additional information on Viewer 3 - seems it's a follow on from Viewer 2 with some extras for professionals, and now also caters for those just starting on the journey.
          http://asia.olympus-imaging.com/prod...ympus_viewer3/
          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul19 View Post
            Found some additional information on Viewer 3 - seems it's a follow on from Viewer 2 with some extras for professionals, and now also caters for those just starting on the journey.
            http://asia.olympus-imaging.com/prod...ympus_viewer3/
            Thanks for finding that Paul. It not only adds some useful timeline features from the previous Olympus Master but also includes the GPS features among other things too.

Ross

Comment

Where can we download it?
              * Henry
              * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

Originally posted by blu-by-u View Post
                Where can we download it?
                Patience mate. Eventially. The update is already there, but it looks like the software will be a bit longer coming (for download).
                Ross

Comment

Unless I simply haven't found it yet I feel Olympus have really missed a trick in not including the download of files from the Camera, via the WiFi capability of the FlashAir card

http://www.toshiba-components.com/Fl...atransfer.html

Imagine how good it would be to have the option to transfer the images directly to a Laptop running Viewer 3, rather than having to use a "browser" to suck the images from the camera.

Why-o-why didn't they do this. It would effectively be Wireless "tethered" shooting
                  Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Just downloaded the s/w - available again as of evening of April 1st
                    Mark

http://marklcaton-images.co.uk/zenphoto

Comment

Downloaded OV3Setup.exe without a problem, but installation freaked out after a few minutes with the message Installation operation failed (00001618).Any help would be gratefully received.
                      Bob

To see what is in front of one's nose requires constant struggle.
                      GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Originally posted by BobS View Post
                        Downloaded OV3Setup.exe without a problem, but installation freaked out after a few minutes with the message Installation operation failed (00001618).Any help would be gratefully received.
                        If it is only an installation failure & everything else is fine, I would suggest downloading it again incase the first download is corrupted & Save As in your own location (such as a folder for 'computer stuff') before running it.
                        Ross

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
                          If it is only an installation failure & everything else is fine, I would suggest downloading it again incase the first download is corrupted & Save As in your own location (such as a folder for 'computer stuff') before running it.
                          I deleted my first download, Ross, and downloaded it again ---still wouldn't work. I then turned off Norton Firewall which sometimes has a habit of preventing set-up of a program---still no good!
                          Bob

GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Originally posted by BobS View Post
                            I deleted my first download, Ross, and downloaded it again ---still wouldn't work. I then turned off Norton Firewall which sometimes has a habit of preventing set-up of a program---still no good!
                            What operating system are you using (& of course, you downloaded the correct one )?
                            Ross

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
                              What operating system are you using (& of course, you downloaded the correct one )?
                              I'm using Windows 7 Professional and have now downloaded it 3 times! I may try it on a Mac power machine I have and see what happens. If I can find the Oly online help email address, I'll try that.

Have you any heat to spare down under, Ross. We could do with some. They are forecasting at least another two weeks of freezing weather here. We've had the coldest Easter Sunday since records began.
                              Bob

GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Working...
                              X