Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Olympus Viewer 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Olympus Viewer 3

Originally posted by Johnheatingman
    Bob if you place your error code: 00001618 into a search engine you will find it is a common returned fault on Olympus installations. There are a number of suggestions and links in the various replies that may or not help but it seems the same problem has been around for quite some time.

John
    Thanks John. I have just sent an email to the Olympus help line. I did, infact, do a search on Google but I didn't find a definitive solution. I'll look again tomorrow. Have you managed to download OV3?
    Bob

To see what is in front of one's nose requires constant struggle.
    GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Originally posted by BobS View Post
      I'm using Windows 7 Professional and have now downloaded it 3 times! I may try it on a Mac power machine I have and see what happens. If I can find the Oly online help email address, I'll try that.

Have you any heat to spare down under, Ross. We could do with some. They are forecasting at least another two weeks of freezing weather here. We've had the coldest Easter Sunday since records began.
      I've got mine installed on Win7 Pro & Home both 32 bit & with AVG which asks if I want to allow access to the internet that I allow for ALL & permanant. I hope you can sort it out OK.

We've had some hot days last week & are now enjoying days in the mid 20's with some showers expected over the next week. I'm sorry you've got the cold but hopefully it won't last long.

Bob if you place your error code: 00001618 into a search engine you will find it is a common returned fault on Olympus installations. There are a number of suggestions and links in the various replies that may or not help but it seems the same problem has been around for quite some time.

John
      Hopefully that will uncover the solution.
      Ross
      I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
      Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
      Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
      Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
      Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

John
        Just this moment had a reply from Olympus as follows:-

The Olympus e-shop thanks you for your email.

Your email's reference is ID 600442. Our team will take care of your request within 24hours Monday to Friday.

Feel free to contact us from Monday to Friday at 00800 65967873.

This is just an automated reply but just in case they are able to help, and if they have a solution, I'll post it here. However, I reckon that my query has gone through to the wrong department.

Fingers crossed.

Bob

GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
          I've got mine installed on Win7 Pro & Home both 32 bit & with AVG which asks if I want to allow access to the internet that I allow for ALL & permanant. I hope you can sort it out OK.

We've had some hot days last week & are now enjoying days in the mid 20's with some showers expected over the next week. I'm sorry you've got the cold but hopefully it won't last long.

Hopefully that will uncover the solution.
          Thanks for your good wishes regarding our weather. It can only get better (I wouldn't want to bet on it!). I'm waiting on Olympus now, as you will see from my post to John.

I may just see if one or two programs I've downloaded recently are putting the "mockers" on it. I'll try and disable them. Wish you all lived in Purbeck, Dorset! Coffee or something stronger, is waiting.
          Bob

GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Bob, ive just been looking at some old posts (2008) on the subject of Olympus Software on another forum and 1 or 2 suggest Norton Virus software conflicts with Olympus software such as Master. I know from experience that it's almost impossible to turn Norton off and very difficult to remove it from the computer although my experiences with it was several years ago.

If you have a facility within Norton to disable the entire program not just the firewall for a given amount of time, it may be worth a try. (if you haven't already )

Just a suggestion.

John
            Hi John and thanks for trying to help. It's much appreciated.

I've disabled as much as I can in Norton, short of removing it altogether. Tried to load program, same result. Setup starts and keeps repeating the opening windows and then comes up with the error report. I'll see what Olympus say (if anything ). Perhaps it's Spybot???

Why do I need OV3 anyway?! I have PE11, GIMP, FastStone, Zoner Photo Studio 14 and a smattering of others, all of which can read raw files. Also Photoplus something or other so if I can't produce anything worthwhile with those (and I can't) how will OC3 help? Oh, and Perfect Effects 4 is quite good. Apart from PE11, all the others are free, although I sent FastStone a donation as I think it's a very useful program for very fast processing.

As you are the Heating Man, John, can you not do anything about the weather???

Bob

GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Bob, ive just been looking at some old posts (2008) on the subject of Olympus Software on another forum and 1 or 2 suggest Norton Virus software conflicts with Olympus software such as Master. I know from experience that it's almost impossible to turn Norton off and very difficult to remove it from the computer although my experiences with it was several years ago.

If you have a facility within Norton to disable the entire program not just the firewall for a given amount of time, it may be worth a try. (if you haven't already )

Just a suggestion.

John
              John, just had a look on Google again and at the latest post from Microsoft. I'm going to start Windows with a clean boot (kick it) and try setup again. However, a few other important things to do first, i.e., breakfast, etc., etc.
              Bob

GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

As you are the Heating Man, John, can you not do anything about the weather???

Never mind. It only got to about 17 degrees here with some drizzle now & again.
                Ross
                Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
                  Never mind. It only got to about 17 degrees here with some drizzle now & again.
                  You must be freezing, Ross. Put some really warm clothes on and wrap the fiddles up.
                  Bob

GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

You must be freezing, Ross. Put some really warm clothes on and wrap the fiddles up.
                    Nah. Just pleasantly cool!
                    Ross

Comment

Just installed it on my Old Laptop and it works quite quickly

Just need to get it to do what I want from it...
                      Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Working...
                      X